• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Scenic Drives

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, to add to the list of twisty stuff that is safe(enough). Chinook pass in Washington State. At the lake there is a 45min trail that you can take your 3 year-old on, but has some of the best scenery in the state. None of these images below does it Justus.
Chinook Pass 1.jpg
Chinook.jpg
chinook-pass-satellite.jpg
Chonook_JPG_BIM.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. The section around me can be difficult to climb sometimes, let alone drive on.
Amm, to get un-literal about it, I thought he meant, drive to various parts of the trail and some do day hiking. At least that's how I looked at it. It's quite a hobby for a lot of us, even old like me, at least the picnic run anyway.

But of course he could have meant, drive to one start-point, and do some serious hiking.

The images I posted intersects with the 2700mile Pacific Crest Trail. Section 'I' goes through Washington. For the casual vacationer there are lots of parts that are suitable for a mid-day hike or a picnic meet-up.

According to the web, below is a more 'serious part', I assume in mid California.
The one below that are more typical of Washington, right at Chinook pass.
Pacific Crest.jpg

apct-660.jpg
aPCT_RockPass.jpg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah......NO. I'll wait for ya back at the beer cooler :)
Surprisingly, that middle one, is an easy 10 minutes to there, while you wait at the cooler. A full hour to Sheep Head Lake. So when we get back, will there be any beer left for us? :)

(I have a bad habbit of re-editing to fix 'crap', go back and look !)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Surprisingly, that middle one, is an easy 10 minutes to there, while you wait at the cooler. A full hour to Sheep Head Lake. So when we get back, will there be any beer left for us? :)

probably on the 10 minute one ..:).. not anywhere near as likely on the full hour trek ... :confused:

Jim

Top Bottom