• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Riddle(s)

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think of a number between 2 and 10.
Multiply it by 9.
You now have a 2 digit number, add the 2 digits together.
Subtract 5.
The number you now have, think of the letter of the alphabet it corresponds with, 1 is A 2 is B etc.
Think of a country that starts with that letter.
Think of an animal that starts with the second letter of that country.
Think of another animal that starts with the last letter of that country.

There are no elephants or kangaroos in Denmark!
There are both Jackals and Ibis' in Djibouti though.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are the General Foreman for a construction company. You have a Foreman and 5 journeyman Ironworkers working for you. You have a 50 foot long pole 6 inches in diameter and you need to put it in a 8 inch diameter, 10 foot deep hole. All you have to work with is a 100 foot long rope. How do you accomplish this?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are the General Foreman for a construction company. You have a Foreman and 5 journeyman Ironworkers working for you. You have a 50 foot long pole 6 inches in diameter and you need to put it in a 8 inch diameter, 10 foot deep hole. All you have to work with is a 100 foot long rope. How do you accomplish this?

It's probably me, but are we starting with the pole lying on the ground?does it matter?? does the weight of the pole matter?
if not, seems to me fold the rope until u have 10 sections marked, double over the rope ,support the pole from the bottom, and lower in the hole 10'??
In that case, it's a federal union project -just use the two journeyman for the job, and the four others watch!! Supply shovels to give the others something to lean on.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's probably me, but are we starting with the pole lying on the ground?does it matter?? does the weight of the pole matter?
if not, seems to me fold the rope until u have 10 sections marked, double over the rope ,support the pole from the bottom, and lower in the hole 10'??
In that case, it's a federal union project -just use the two journeyman for the job, and the four others watch!! Supply shovels to give the others something to lean on.
The pole is laying on the ground. Weight? Pick a number. Doesn't matter. 350 pounds.
You need to stand the pole up.

Last edited:

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is more a joke but riddle"ish" its kinda long so I shortened it but you get the gist (hint: suppose to be told to the opposite sex)

3 Flies........

3 Flies are trapped in a wine bottle with the cork on top the bottle…….
1 Female, 2 Males….
The 2 males are buzzing at the top desperately trying to figure out how to get out.
Eventually 1 flies to the bottom to ask the female if she knows since she is calm and cool…
She says “First you’ve gotta give me a little”, he complies and she tells him to get his wings going REAL slow, hit that crack up there and twist and turn and you’ll be out. So he does, gets stuck and suffocates and dies.
2nd male ponders for a while, cant take it, finally goes down to the female and asks again “how to get out?”
She replies “First you’ve gotta give me a little” they do it and she tells him to get his wings going REAL fast, hit that crack up there and swoosh, you’ll be out. So he does, hits the crack, breaks his neck and falls to the bottom dead.
The female then, gets her wings going and flies out…….
How many flies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Two. But I'll be darned if I know how they got in there.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hire a crane.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are the General Foreman. You tell your Foreman 'Put that pole in that hole, I'll be back in an hour. If you can't do it I'll call the Hall and get someone who can. It's all about delegating authority. Obvisously Paul gets this.

Farm Boy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm back after a long summer! Here is an old riddle.
Two fathers and two sons go fishing. They all catch the same number of fish. There were 9 fish. How many fish did each catch?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm back after a long summer! Here is an old riddle.
Two fathers and two sons go fishing. They all catch the same number of fish. There were 9 fish. How many fish did each catch?
If they all catch the same number of fish, and there were 9 fish caught, they each caught 3.
So there were three people, grandfather (a father), his son (a son and a father), then that guys son.

Welcome back!

Top Bottom