• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
12859 - ALL in $1000.

Any idea once things get rolling how long a wait that will be for a vehicle?

I used to have an idea Sean, but my prediction spreadsheet has become outdated. A super wild guess would be that #12859 would be ready during month 4 of production. It'll be a slow ramp-up. There's also a website that one of us has created that will give you a range of days, once you type in a projected start of production and your place-in-line number. Can someone help Sean?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Number of current reservations: 40,945 as of Mar 22, 2015 =228/week = 32.6/day
On Post number 15, a year and just over a week ago, it was reported that there were 12,340 reservations. There were 12 posts within the day on the same topic. Today, one day afterwards, I checked here and there were zero posts on the same day you called out the number of reservations... It's funny how interest in the number of reservations wanes over time... That's an average of about 76 vehicles reserved per day for the last year. Amazing when you think about it. With a 25% All-In at $1,000 level (I followed the average for quite a while and it hardly waivered from that), that means that there were $19,000 worth of All-In $1000 people and (conjecture here) $5,700 worth of $100 All-In people per day. That means Elio gathered $24,700 per day in deposits (some they can't use, some they can). Still, imagine the need for a product that elicits $24,700 per day in sales... a year before it will even be available. Now, think... not many, if any car companies can say they've had a year's worth of deposits from 76 customers per day who haven't even driven the vehicle they are reserving!

It's something, this Elio is.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Number of current reservations: 40,945 as of Mar 22, 2015 =228/week = 32.6/day

at an average of 30 per day, it will take about 10 months to get to 50,000 .... if the program shows the level of development over the next few months that we hope it will, they will reach 50,000 much faster .... if not, it may take much longer

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On Post number 15, a year and just over a week ago, it was reported that there were 12,340 reservations. There were 12 posts within the day on the same topic. Today, one day afterwards, I checked here and there were zero posts on the same day you called out the number of reservations... It's funny how interest in the number of reservations wanes over time... That's an average of about 76 vehicles reserved per day for the last year. Amazing when you think about it. With a 25% All-In at $1,000 level (I followed the average for quite a while and it hardly waivered from that), that means that there were $19,000 worth of All-In $1000 people and (conjecture here) $5,700 worth of $100 All-In people per day. That means Elio gathered $24,700 per day in deposits (some they can't use, some they can). Still, imagine the need for a product that elicits $24,700 per day in sales... a year before it will even be available. Now, think... not many, if any car companies can say they've had a year's worth of deposits from 76 customers per day who haven't even driven the vehicle they are reserving!

It's something, this Elio is.
Elio Motors received an accolade for being the fastest growing new startup business without a product. I have some concern regarding that accolade with the amount of progress made since the last delay announcement. I agree the concept is something and the marketing is something else when outselling some car brands with actual cars to sell. The venture capitalists don't seem to be rushing in to invest. My interest in reservations has plummeted to none. My interest in EM moving forward with prototype builds/testing/ride&drive events puts me on the edge of my seat. I would have been impressed with one new prototype build ready to display at the NY Auto show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom