• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. The process you talked about is part of setting up the plant and is absolutely needed, though there are a few things talked about (not you) I have a different view of.

First.
I doubt they need 100 vehicles.

Second.
I doubt any vehicles will go to fleet owners for beta testing and I doubt it will be 100. As mentioned before, this would open up legal issues. Perhaps the fleet company signed a legal agreement with EM, but the employee driving the vehicle did not. I am sure a lawyer could convince a jury it was a vehicle that was not complete including its safety verification. I believe the beta test vehicles will go to select individuals who are hand picked by EM. It will be very specific what can be done with the vehicles and who can drive them. The legal agreement the tester signs will probably resemble the SEC filing. It will sound like the biggest hazard in the world to protest EM legally.
I agree. I think a "test run" of 10-20 Elios would be enough to prove the assembly line stations and it would be enough for a stopwatch time study of the stations. Man, that would be fun!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Efficiencies should start to fall into place as production ramps up. $First, Elio needs to get the tools, parts, and raw materials in place.
If 1 is finished day 1, and 2 finished day 2, etc. That's good.
Start slow, get it right.
Crawl, Walk, Run.
I think we'll all be elated to see our baby start crawling.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've basically completely stopped talking about the Elio. Until they do something to convince me that they are still on track to deliver their autocycles, I don't want to convince somebody to buy into something that might evaporate 3 months from now. :/
Same here..... unfortunately.
Everything seems to be at a complete stand still with the silence. Like it's on life support -barely hanging on with not much activity. Some direct, official news from Elio regarding funding is much needed at this point. Even if the news isn't what we want to hear, I'd still rather hear some news than none at all.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I studied a station with the employee at a door building factory and set it up to be changed around that weekend. I went in Monday and he was all upset because one of his fixtures was in the wrong place. I told him I'd fix it and he said "Yeah, they won't let you move things again." He was upset. Next morning, he was the happiest guy. I had arranged to have it moved and he was then my biggest fan, going around telling others to let me change their stations. It was fun. But yeah, you can make the most efficient process and it doesn't matter if the people don't like it or won't use it.
Yep. You can have the most efficient, greatest new thing on earth, but if people don't get it (and people will be people) it's worthless.

Reactions: Ty
Reaction score
Same here..... unfortunately.
Everything seems to be at a complete stand still with the silence. Like it's on life support -barely hanging on with not much activity. Some direct, official news from Elio regarding funding is much needed at this point. Even if the news isn't what we want to hear, I'd still rather hear some news than none at all.

Aw Gee, I didn't expect anything different than hearing nails hanging on the chalk board. You all read the last SEC filing. It showed dire numbers, I agree. It sucks. But, I really wasn't surprised. It's going to take time, we knew this from the very beginning. Don't be expecting anything different in the next report due out. We already know the funding didn't come through by December 31,2016. Hang in there. Some pretty smart guys are working this. It's going to take time but it will work.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With a high debt load and little income, they can't wait much longer for financing. Going dormant might only be good for a couple of months before someone pulls the plug. Bankruptcy might be a good thing. A new buyer could take over and get things moving. Would probably honour deposits as goodwill.

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Still waiting.
I don't swing by the threads too often so up until last month I was still plotting ways to clean out my garage in prep for my new Elio this fall. Now I've got until next summer. Maybe longer.

Joeker88 on YouTube, Joe Cabrera, deserves a hug. He's like the cruise director on a ship currently dead in the water. We're setting up a community latrine area just off the Lido Deck.

I did read somewhere a few weeks ago that the present administration leans more old school, meaning established big three auto makers, rather than offering incentives for fledgling startups which may give them competition down the road. Which also may explain the massive echo chamber we hear when we pensively look toward Phoenix for news.

It would be nice if Elio could ripple the waters with just another video from Shreveport. At this point I'd take joy of fresh paint on the line workers bathroom.

What do they say, Patience is a privilege not a right, (no one ever sez that).
If the cake has been cut feel free to take a "peace out."
Off in search of another cup of coffee.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Aw Gee, I didn't expect anything different than hearing nails hanging on the chalk board. You all read the last SEC filing. It showed dire numbers, I agree. It sucks. But, I really wasn't surprised. It's going to take time, we knew this from the very beginning. Don't be expecting anything different in the next report due out. We already know the funding didn't come through by December 31,2016. Hang in there. Some pretty smart guys are working this. It's going to take time but it will work.
Yep. I still wear my Elio Motors t-shirt every now & then on occasion -so I still have some hope.
Like you, I'm putting A LOT of faith in the action going on behind the scenes right now. I'm more of an optimistic kind of guy, but I'm also a realist that likes cold hard facts too. With how great of a project this is, I'm really hoping for the best.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still waiting.
I don't swing by the threads too often so up until last month I was still plotting ways to clean out my garage in prep for my new Elio this fall. Now I've got until next summer. Maybe longer.

Joeker88 on YouTube, Joe Cabrera, deserves a hug. He's like the cruise director on a ship currently dead in the water. We're setting up a community latrine area just off the Lido Deck.

I did read somewhere a few weeks ago that the present administration leans more old school, meaning established big three auto makers, rather than offering incentives for fledgling startups which may give them competition down the road. Which also may explain the massive echo chamber we hear when we pensively look toward Phoenix for news.

It would be nice if Elio could ripple the waters with just another video from Shreveport. At this point I'd take joy of fresh paint on the line workers bathroom.

What do they say, Patience is a privilege not a right, (no one ever sez that).
If the cake has been cut feel free to take a "peace out."
Off in search of another cup of coffee.
Not to worry, it is the calm before the storm, we hope!:bounce:

Top Bottom