• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose, once production is beginning and the car is a "sure thing" then it shouldn't really be all that bad to put together an extra $900 as a "down payment".
Those who need that car the most are least capable of coming up with that $900. It's no problem for those who can afford alternatives. Banks don't give loans for deposits. But they do for SALES.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"A place in line as one of the over 52,000+ reservation holders for as little as $100"

This little mistake will come back to haunt. It is in a current add to promote the 50% match ending at the end of the month.

I don't see that as a mistake. Once production is set to start and they stop taking reservations/deposits they will assign everyone with a deposit (less than $1000 all in) a place in line according to the amount of deposit and time it was placed.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those who need that car the most are least capable of coming up with that $900. It's no problem for those who can afford alternatives. Banks don't give loans for deposits. But they do for SALES.

Upon re-reading what you highlighted, my intent was as clear as mud.

What I was meaning to say, was that by the time they get through the $1,000 All In crowd, production should be humming along to the point whether you have $500 All In, or a $100 Want In, that time frame should be relatively short. So I meant that coughing up $900 at that point would be almost pointless.

This is predicated on the assumption that production ramps up as smoothly as predicted. Ass U Me is important here!

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see that as a mistake. Once production is set to start and they stop taking reservations/deposits they will assign everyone with a deposit (less than $1000 all in) a place in line according to the amount of deposit and time it was placed.

Where did you read that?
I guess this is where I'm confused. It sounds like some people are saying that even after reservations are closed, people with $100s can still "jump the line" to a $1000 spot. Unless you upgrade to $1000, then any other reservation holders can just hop in line ahead of you. Thus the people who can only afford the $100 reservation may have to wait until the very end of the production year before they recieve their Elio.

The people who stand most to benifit from Elio are last to recieve one. :/

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not clear, though perhaps not a mistake per say. But while we both assume they will eventually stop the reservations, there's no guarantee of that.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My understanding/interpretation is that at some point in time closer to production, they will close the reservation program. You will no longer be able to place a reservation or put down additional money to increase your reservation amount. At that point, everyone with a reservation will be assigned an SIL, starting with the $500 all-ins, $250 all-ins, then the $100 all-ins, then $1,000 want-ins, $500 want-ins, $250 want-ins, and $100 want-ins. (With the rarely-seen, and possibly mythical, $750's thrown into the appropriate places...)

When/if this will happen, we don/t really know for sure. But keeping the reservation program open forever, and allowing people to continually jump to the front of the line ahead of long-time reservationists, is would be pretty damn unfair. I sure hope they don't do that.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My suggest to all that have a question about the lower level reservations:

Contact Elio Motors directly
They can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
Customer Login

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

They are the ones that control how the reservations are going to be handled.

No one on Elio Owners Forum has any control over what EM does.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that the process for making a reservation will turn in to placing an order at some point in time. When that happens the reservations will fall in line at that time based on "all in" and dollar amount followed by "want in" and dollar amount, then new orders. Until that happens anybody that wants to upgrade their deposit can do so and jump ahead of the line. I just hope EM has a way to track all that!

Top Bottom