• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the end of the 50% bonus, my next question is when will they stop allowing new orders to jump in line. When I made my $100 deposit, I was about 50,000 but subject to people jumping in line at $500 and $1000 levels. Will I be subject to new orders jumping in line after production starts so that I'm eventually pushed back to 250,000?

The only deposit that gets a production number (spot in line) is a 1K all in. You may have been #50,001 to put down a deposit but that was not a position that was guaranteed to you.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The only deposit that gets a production number (spot in line) is a 1K all in. You may have been #50,001 to put down a deposit but that was not a position that was guaranteed to you.
This is correct. I asked Neil about it when they were in Portland last year.
He said "if you're a $100 or $500 All in, or any amount Want In; 200,000 people can jump in front of you if they have the $1K All In deposit."

This is something that was determined a long time ago; I have no idea who came up with it, but it's the way it is.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is correct. I asked Neil about it when they were in Portland last year.
He said "if you're a $100 or $500 All in, or any amount Want In; 200,000 people can jump in front of you if they have the $1K All In deposit."

This is something that was determined a long time ago; I have no idea who came up with it, but it's the way it is.

I suppose, once production is beginning and the car is a "sure thing" then it shouldn't really be all that bad to put together an extra $900 as a "down payment".

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose, once production is beginning and the car is a "sure thing" then it shouldn't really be all that bad to put together an extra $900 as a "down payment".
Close to what he meant; but he was talking Reservations.
Once they go into production, the reservation vehicles will be build first, and sold to those holding all different class levels.
Those that don't have reservations in at that time, go behind those that do.
That read correctly?
Reservations stop, when production starts.
Is what I mean.

So once production starts, any reservations they would take would be for future editions say; kind of what they are doing with the Jeep FC scheduled for 2019.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Once it is a "sure thing" and production starts ramping up to plan, I really don't think troubling yourself for an extra $900 will really be much of a concern. According to the way EM will supposedly get up to speed, I don't think once they burn through their $1,000 All In reservationists, the rest of us will be very close behind them. We won't be first on the block with an Elio, but will be close enough to make it worth the short extra wait.

Besides, we can let them figure out what is wrong with the first ones, and then we can reap the rewards thereof. Not that there will be any issues of course. I am sure "they" watch other forums to see how the introductory pains can be reduced. Pep Boys I think will be the weak link if there are any issues that needs factory oversight to correct. Quickly.

Reaction score
The new reservation numbers were to be 'started' to be assigned yesterday. I checked my mail four hundred times yesterday and once this morning and nothing. On the Elio FB page somebody asked about it and was told the numbers will be sent out NEXT WEEK ! I live near Cleveland so I am looking for a few riots here in July. But, there is one started here in Elio Land now. The pitch forks are out !

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"A place in line as one of the over 52,000+ reservation holders for as little as $100"

This little mistake will come back to haunt. It is in a current add to promote the 50% match ending at the end of the month.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was understood. But the reservations will stop at some point and the lower tiers like myself will become SIL at that point. That is unless the $1K reservation doesn't end and the reservations below$1K were meaningless.

Top Bottom