• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Reaction score
32 per day ! I am impressed. Should I be impressed? Compare that with all the Ford Dealers in the US? How many vehicles do they sell a day? I think elio is doing well and holding their own. But, are they? With the bare minimum of advertising on weird channels on TV, the Tours and of course Facebook compared to Ford on the evening news every single day. Dollar for dollar, Is Elio doing well? Might be nice to see a report of this in the next SEC update. Is it going to rain?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
32 per day ! I am impressed. Should I be impressed? Compare that with all the Ford Dealers in the US? How many vehicles do they sell a day? I think elio is doing well and holding their own. But, are they? With the bare minimum of advertising on weird channels on TV, the Tours and of course Facebook compared to Ford on the evening news every single day. Dollar for dollar, Is Elio doing well? Might be nice to see a report of this in the next SEC update. Is it going to rain?
I'm impressed that a company not yet producing anything, has weathered the bad press of target production setbacks, etc, etc, etc, continues to plug along. Comparing Elio Motors to Ford Motors is not useful, Ford has been producing vehicles for a long time and has big name recognition and resources, however comparing Elio Motors pre-production reservations with Tesla Motors pre-production reservations for Model S is a somewhat better analogy. I think Tesla had about 500 reservations when they finally began production (anyone know the actual number?).... you decide if EM is holding their own. :playball:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm impressed that a company not yet producing anything, has weathered the bad press of target production setbacks, etc, etc, etc, continues to plug along. Comparing Elio Motors to Ford Motors is not useful, Ford has been producing vehicles for a long time and has big name recognition and resources, however comparing Elio Motors pre-production reservations with Tesla Motors pre-production reservations for Model S is a somewhat better analogy. I think Tesla had about 500 reservations when they finally began production (anyone know the actual number?).... you decide if EM is holding their own. :playball:

I figured you meant the Roadster, since by the time the Model S came around Tesla was already producing the Roadster. From what I can find, the goal was to sell 800 Roadsters the first year (2008) and they had 560 reserved pre-production.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To answer the question in the headline ... Not as many Elios as EM plans to build in the first year of production.

Sure EM plans on making and selling 250k vehicles in the first year. They also planned to release in 2014. Plans do change. And the Model S is 10X - 15X the price of the Elio. I bet I eat MANY more hamburgers per year than I do a good steak.

But I am a hamburger type of guy, so bring on the Elio in ketchup red, please!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ALL THE FORD DEALERS combined have not received a single paid deposit reservation for a car that won't be produced until next year at the earliest. Apples and Oranges.

Last edited:
Top Bottom