• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Quick Poll. Yes, Another Poll. This One About Transmissions.

Will you be buying a manual or automatic?

• Total voters

Tao

Elio Fan
Reaction score
If I was still single, I'd be getting a stick like every one of my previous cars.

Despite a few lessons on driving a manual, the wife definitely isn't comfortable enough to consider getting an Elio with one, and there will be times she may need to be able to drive it.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I was still single, I'd be getting a stick like every one of my previous cars.

Despite a few lessons on driving a manual, the wife definitely isn't comfortable enough to consider getting an Elio with one, and there will be times she may need to be able to drive it.
I have the same problem but an automatic Elio is better than NO Elio.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Or you can do what I did and tell your wife you'd like to spend some time with her... She's a devoted manual transmission driver now.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I voted "whatever gets best mileage" but in reality, if it can pull a small trailer, it will be the tranny that will best handle that task.
True. I couldn't capture every possible choice but you can rest assured that "both" transmissions that will be offered are actually the same transmission. The difference is in the "manual", you'll shift gears utilizing a gear shift and clutch. In the "Automatic Manual Transmission" (AMT), that same transmission will now be shifted by software and some actuators. But, it'll be essentially the same transmission thus the same capabilities. Your name reminds me of "The Dukes of Hazzard: Beginnings" movie though that's most likely not what you are referencing!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True. I couldn't capture every possible choice but you can rest assured that "both" transmissions that will be offered are actually the same transmission. The difference is in the "manual", you'll shift gears utilizing a gear shift and clutch. In the "Automatic Manual Transmission" (AMT), that same transmission will now be shifted by software and some actuators. But, it'll be essentially the same transmission thus the same capabilities. Your name reminds me of "The Dukes of Hazzard: Beginnings" movie though that's most likely not what you are referencing!

The villain in the movie "The Usual Suspects".

Last edited:
Top Bottom