• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Question To All The Gearheads?

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting side point, those GM 2.2s were put in the S10s and Isuzu Hombres, assembled in a certain building we're all becoming familiar with.. Just sayin'...:eek:

Reactions: HHH

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, sometimes that new tech can't be "proven" until it's out and being used by people like you and me! The first time I read about pistons being put in high performance motors with NO SKIRTING on them I about died! I believed ther was no way in heck it would work!
I was wrong of course, wider spacing between the oiling rings and compression rings took care of the piston cocking in the cylinder issue, and some companies included a third set of rings on their pistons, also eliminating the potential for twisting inside the cylinder!
Now it's almost standard fair for all manufactures!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Putting the timing chain at the back of a longitudinal engine/transmission setup isn't a sound idea, imho, because you can't easily get at it without removing the engine. Nor is making the drive sprocket for the chain an integral part of the crankshaft. When the plastic (nylon?) chain guides wear out, the chain goes loose and damages the drive sprocket. Because that's part of the crankshaft, think total engine rebuild on a new crank. Ugly!

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must've missed something Wheaters? Who's putting the timing chain at the back of the motor? I've only seen one piece crankshaft with gears on small engines, like lawn mowers?

Top Bottom