• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prepped And Ready For E-series Assembly

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
But is that really more economical than simply buying a spayer?
Depending on the paint you use, yes.
And I already have a sprayer, a detail gun and an airbrush.
The epoxy paint I use on Snap On tool boxes I rebuild is $90 a quart; plus the reducer and the activator.

Plus spray bomb is easier to touch up.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the process of re-painting my motorcycle. The first time I used Duplicolor paint shop white( spray can paint in a quart can just pore it in the gun and spray) then red and blue metalcast in spray cans for the stripes. Then I removed all the panels and took them to a shop and had them clear coated with good clear. It looked good and has held up very well. I thought the red and blue would fade, but they have not! I guess the good clear is blocking the UV rays.
This time around I'm just using spray can paint. It will be all black satin finish.
AND_4199.JPG
Ho-229-1.JPG

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For flat black, plastidip. Only a couple of cans for the Elio and peels off when you are sick of it :)
We talked about that before; besides the Plastidip they have other regular colors of peel off paint.
Or how about some of the iridescent paint; letter Elio on the sides, so when the street lights and headlights shine on it, it will glow. :cool-new:
Isn't there some LCD paint too? Darn, this is the same way that other thread got derailed and talking about trick paint jobs.
TIME FOR A SEARCH!

edit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found it!
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/do-i-wrap-this-baby-of-plastisdip-it.6043/

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For flat black, plastidip. Only a couple of cans for the Elio and peels off when you are sick of it :)

I think it might be a few more than a couple. I may have been doing it wrong but when I played with black plastidip I had to do several light layers to build it up and found that one can simply didn't go very far.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple = 30, right? Maybe I should have said "a few"?

Back on topic, glad to see the progess on the E series, I was wondering about the same indentations that Seth mentioned. They look like they would have a purpose, so it will be interesting to see if they do. If I had to guess it would be to store the jack, tire repair kit and compressor, saving room in the trunk.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lug wrench and jack could be stored easily anywhere, spare tires on a rim are another story.
The ELIO has 2 tire sizes from what I see, Tire Sizes: Front: 135/80 R15 Rear: 175/65 R15, so room for two ?
Think I'll just call AAA.

Top Bottom