• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Speaks! 05-11-18

Jelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reference to a particular religious view is not religion bashing. Quit wearing your feelings on your shirtsleeve. I often go to atheist websites as a Christian and never get hurt feelings. Since Paul has not been good at giving us any hope about getting an Elio, what else is there to come here for?
You are like every one else, its ok as long as its not YOUR religion. I'm not oversensitive, your being a jerk doesn't mean that I'm being oversensitive. Just leave out your prejudice and so will I.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are like every one else, its ok as long as its not YOUR religion. I'm not oversensitive, your being a jerk doesn't mean that I'm being oversensitive. Just leave out your prejudice and so will I.
You are being over-sensitive. Of course, RS was being a jerk, and was even more obtuse in his "sorry, not sorry" deletion. I PM'd him about his post, and his response was in the same vein. The original post could be interpreted to be based on ignorance, but the subsequent actions indicate animosity and/or willful ignorance. Either way, it is better to leave the offense with the originator, rather than taking in into our own hearts.

If anyone actually researched what the Hall's were doing with their planned community, they would discover that it was not intended to be occupied only by members of a single religious community. Mr. Hall started a number of businesses with unique, or at least patented, ideas, then sold the businesses to others to continue growth and development. From all appearances, he was/is as serial inventor/entrepreneur who wanted to help make the world a better place with his inventions and ideas. His faith clearly influenced his motivations, but his products were meant to benefit mankind.

I'm not trying to idolize the guy. Not all of his ideas worked out perfectly, but he was not a wacko.

As to John Smith, he was the guy who made history with Pocahontas, and was not involved with the founding of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

TLDR The main problem with the RS's post was that it was factually incorrect on several points. The disclosure that RS is willfully ignorant and insulting actually is helpful in a forum such as this. As usual, our posts often disclose more about ourselves than the topics under discussion.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A religion is an old cult. A cult is a new religious movement. I’m not religious and require tangible evidence to believe anything. That includes the Elio CULTural icon and a required test drive.
0967334F-D92C-42A8-9B37-B1D9E6998A63.jpeg

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are”

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand, no matter how many time I apologize, I'm marked for life. Right now I'm in Tokyo and next week I'll be in Shanghai. In Japan, you can say what you want and people will put up with it but never do business with you. In China it's a system where when SG was upset with me, he would contact the government. Then they would have a talk with me, inform all of my friends of what I did and then reduce my overall score. Second time is to a facility to have a talking to. Third time, I'd be put into a program to educate me in the right way of thinking. If you are a foreigner, then for the first time I'd be met with a few officials, given 5 minutes to pack my stuff and driven to the airport. Then my visa (which you need one to go to China) will be ripped out of my passport and I will be banned from the country for life.

In general, we might need to do it the way in China, because in the end, it fixes the problem as opposed to giving it to someone else. It becomes a self policing way that makes everyone behave.

To make this Elio relevant, when does anyone think Paul will show up and speak in public? It's getting longer and longer where I start to wonder if he's still alive or in good health. I'm wondering if he's OK and can keep the company going.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not super long ago he looked good in Ohio talking to the governor. Last time in Shreveport he said his major mistake was not going there more often to keep them informed. But he hasn't held a press conference since that I'm aware of. I think at this point most realist has given up hope and moved on. My jeep will be coming on 15 months soon.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figure since Elio Motors says that all efforts are to obtain funding, then that's what Paul is up to. With as much time as it is taking, either he spends some days twiddling his thumbs or he is being shunned by those that he is calling too much. I wonder if he has tried the Kardashians? He must be running out of ideas by now.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figure since Elio Motors says that all efforts are to obtain funding, then that's what Paul is up to. With as much time as it is taking, either he spends some days twiddling his thumbs or he is being shunned by those that he is calling too much. I wonder if he has tried the Kardashians? He must be running out of ideas by now.
I think that he is working on his next idea right now, doubt if he is still trying on the car.

Top Bottom