• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Chat On Fb

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please remind ELIO. There are a lot of us that will never go near facebook. They need other ways to get the word out.
I feel the same way about Social Media. However, I did join Facebook specifically to follow Elio and Lit Motors C-1 Concepts. I have reservations on both concepts and wanted as much information as possible directly from company reps along with the added speculation. That's all I use it for.......I have no FB Friends and/or want any........maybe Paul Elio, EM and Danny Kim, Lit Motors. Nothing bad has happened to me in the past 1 1/2 years as a FB Member.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like Smitty said "I will never go near FB". Elio could certainly simultaneously post the same information on the forum.
I know they could but generally don't. I obviously had a moment of weakness. The positive is that I have been able to ask questions directly and get almost immediate responses.......from people who know.

I have no photos, personal info, or respond to periodic requests.......so it's been a good experience and just another source for information. However, my world may blow up at any second...........hope it's not before delivery of my Elio and Lit C-1.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I stay off of FB, yet for marketing there is a lot of potential future owners on FB. As we have noticed in the past already our great administrators are doing great with gettng new data to this elioowners site. Keep the elio spirit my elio friends! We all keep searching and posting elioowners site will be as informative. I've seen many a great reply welcoming new bees here to elioowners.com

Terrence :)

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started to wonder about one of the negative aspects of FB and other social media. I don't use these so I'm probably talking out of my head but it seems to me that social media is all about "me" and immediate gratification. Find something, state your claim and move on to the next things all the while telling people what miniscule things you are doing at the moment as if it might make some difference to the world.

OK, that was probably over the top, but I still wonder if the instant gratification surrounding social media is part of the huge backlash that follows EM as they try to bring the elio to market in a sustainable fashion instead of just churning out junk like our latest cell phone, tablet, web site, etc.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FB in my estimation for getting the word out on or about the Elio is probably free advertising eh? Paul Elio has always stated that funding was the difficult item to get.
I will speculate again, in 2015 when the Elio has an actual VIN (vehicle identification Number) and is in production mode, that advertisement companies come to Elio Motors by the droves. Then possibly FB would not be as pronounced as it is to some now. Elio Motors has come far without advertising heavily in print or tv or radio or billboards. New era advertising while they are applying all their monies to development, then may be the internet? Smart way when you have to account for every penny in this earth shattering new company! now PRESENTING THE ELIO-84MPG-$6,800.00
Let's enjoy our Elio journey, I am!
Terrence :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started to wonder about one of the negative aspects of FB and other social media. I don't use these so I'm probably talking out of my head but it seems to me that social media is all about "me" and immediate gratification. Find something, state your claim and move on to the next things all the while telling people what miniscule things you are doing at the moment as if it might make some difference to the world.

OK, that was probably over the top, but I still wonder if the instant gratification surrounding social media is part of the huge backlash that follows EM as they try to bring the elio to market in a sustainable fashion instead of just churning out junk like our latest cell phone, tablet, web site, etc.
The only active FB experience I have is direct links to Elio's & Lit Motors FaceBook. It includes real time responses from Elio reps to questions and comments made by Elio enthusiasts..............exactly like our discussion on THIS social media site. There's no all about me and instant gratification..........except for I want My Elio NOW!.

There is probably less backlash as a result of Elio's FB information...........because Elio responds to the negative BS and or speculation as it happens in real time. Not exactly like being on Paul Elio's Personal FB Page.......wait a minute........Paul Elio just sent me a friends request................Holy Crap!......................... Just kidding.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please remind ELIO. There are a lot of us that will never go near facebook. They need other ways to get the word out.
Like other social media options? There are a couple of other Elio sites on the net, but none nearly as good as this one! I hope Elio reps visit this site periodically and frankly a visit to Elio's FB is quite educational and interesting too. Beyond that FB is of no use to me, but I feel more informed for using it to gather Elio information.

Last edited:
Top Bottom