• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Our Beloved Zelio

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is wonderful. I think when I drive mine home from delivery I'll get a nice straightaway, take both hands off the wheel and let her drive for a moment.

I'll have to ponder some way of memorializing her on my Elio... but so far I think Z pinstripes will be my way of doing it.
Maybe a small 'Z' sticker in the window.. I am on the look out for one, even if I have to cut it out of an existing vinyl logo.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having talked to her a couple of times, I think she'd have wanted us to just smile when we think of her but to enjoy our Elio journey and to not dwell on our loss. I'll miss her comments here of course. I won't memorialize her on my Elio but I know in the early, quiet mornings on my way to work, on occasion, I'll pause in the silence and be sad for a moment that she never had the chance to enjoy the Elio that brought her so much joy.
I personally believe that they did get their Elio's in 2014.

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My daughter is a lawyer, but does not practice that branch of law. I will be seeing her tomorrow and I'll ask her what branch of lawyer we need. I'm thinking trust or charity trust. She has had some experence in charity trusts but it was very limited. Anyone else think this is a good idea, speak up please!:D I also know many people are not aware yet as they are on vacation or just haven't logged in recently. So let's keep ideas coming, give this some more time. Then maybe we can do a poll (I know how much some of you love those polls) and let everyone have a vote of which idea is the way we want to go. We need to do this as a family and community and agree on the way in which we want to honor Z.:)

I do not want to be the fly in the ointment, but I have been involved with this type of thing on other blogs. It seldom becomes what the original intent was and is a nightmare to administer. If giving makes you feel better then give to a reputable worthy charity in "Z"'s name or just give the money without the attachment. How much money can be raised? $100, $500, $1000, $5000.00 or $10,000? how would it be dispersed?
Who decides that? how much? do we need a panel formed for this discussion? How long do you have to be a member? do you have to participate on the blog to be considered a member? what is the money goal? is it reasonable? how to replenish dispersed monies? Are there any liabilities? These are just a fraction of the issues that would need to be addressed. We on another site raised almost 15K, but there were issues that left a few disillusioned. Just my 2 cents.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
maybe the family would want to raffle off "Z"'s place in line and transfer the purchase? family could keep the money or donate it to a charity.

Not a bad idea. But unfortunately, that would have to be approved by Elio and her place is not transferable. Whoever recieved it would go to the back of the line and without the 50% bonus.

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. But unfortunately, that would have to be approved by Elio and her place is not transferable. Whoever recieved it would go to the back of the line and without the 50% bonus.

Maybe not Neal. It is a good idea. but one her family needs to consider. The Elio Team are aware of Zelio's contributions. And as I see it, they also have big hearts. HEY, Check this out ...
http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/elios...-mpg-car-for-6-1677743693/1677806819/+pgeorge

Great piece.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having talked to her a couple of times, I think she'd have wanted us to just smile when we think of her but to enjoy our Elio journey and to not dwell on our loss. I'll miss her comments here of course. I won't memorialize her on my Elio but I know in the early, quiet mornings on my way to work, on occasion, I'll pause in the silence and be sad for a moment that she never had the chance to enjoy the Elio that brought her so much joy.

Believe you're right about her take on remembering, I'll have a Z on mine anyway. On those quiet mornings I'll pause too and say
"see this, Z we made it buddy, then you knew that all along" ;)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate to hear this, such a shame. We'll definitely have some "Z" stickers made up when the car comes out and I'll send one to anyone who wants one.

She was easily the most excited future Elio Owner out there, this picture says it all:

View attachment 3996
You know; one cool thing is that it will take goofyone a LOOOONNNG time to knock Z off the top of this list. She'll be at the top for quite a while.

Top Bottom