• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The anticipated 84 mpg efficiency is excellent. If Elio decides on an alternative drive train down the road I hope it an EV......as Elio has the perfect platform for 500 MPGe. By that time battery technology will have lowered cost and 3x the extended range........and probably charge wirelessly on the solar roadways. Isn't technology cool?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In a letter sent to Town Hall attendees Elio Motors has listed the most requested options:

Top 10 Most Requested Options (in order)
1. Cruise Control
2. Sunroof/Glass Panoramic Roof
3. Hot rod fenders
4. Trailer Hitch
5. Leather/Heat/Power Seat
6. Vented Rear Window
7. Backup Camera
8. Bluetooth Audio/Cell Phone
9. Custom Wraps
10. Spare Tire Carrier

for me, due to knee problems, a cruise control is a must .... a spare tire and tilt steering would be nice

Jim

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The anticipated 84 mpg efficiency is excellent. If Elio decides on an alternative drive train down the road I hope it an EV......as Elio has the perfect platform for 500 MPGe. By that time battery technology will have lowered cost and 3x the extended range........and probably charge wirelessly on the solar roadways. Isn't technology cool?
The battery is the biggest problem that solor or electric anything has. Technogy just can not make an efficient, small electric storage device powerful, enough, small enough, yet efficient enough to be practical.
The battery has been the problem holding back industry for years.
Paul is much too practical a guy.
I don,t think the Elio will be sporting a electric engine very soon.
MK

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The battery is the biggest problem that solor or electric anything has. Technogy just can not make an efficient, small electric storage device powerful, enough, small enough, yet efficient enough to be practical.
The battery has been the problem holding back industry for years.
Paul is much too practical a guy.
I don,t think the Elio will be sporting a electric engine very soon.
MK
Lit motors is doing a 10 kWh battery pack with regen braking in their C-1 concept with an estimated 674 MPGe, 200 mile range, 0-60 in 6 seconds, 100 + mph, curb weight 800#. The Elio EV won't be soon but It may be an option............down the road..........particularly with the improved battery technology waiting to be implemented. I like the idea of an electrified Elio. Paul Elio could apply his same practical passion to future models.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lit motors is doing a 10 kWh battery pack with regen braking in their C-1 concept with an estimated 674 MPGe, 200 mile range, 0-60 in 6 seconds, 100 + mph, curb weight 800#. The Elio EV won't be soon but It may be an option............down the road..........particularly with the improved battery technology waiting to be implemented. I like the idea of an electrified Elio. Paul Elio could apply his same practical passion to future models.
If we don't wear him out with this model first. LOL Love that man but there are some days when he looks very tired. :-) Z

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who had a Corolla with push button Start. He upgrade to a Camry without the Start button and says he really, really misses it. :)

I don't expect a Start button will be on the options list. :D
Sometimes you don't know what you like or want until you have it. I never thought living in Dallas I would like or utilize heated seats. But I got my Dad's Kia Sorrento when he passed. I use the "butt warmenrs" much more than I thought. I would miss them now.

Top Bottom