• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A cool and aerodynamic future option that could replace Elio's side mounted mirrors with small cameras in their place showing images on a mock review mirror screen inside the Elio...........with measurable mpg increases by reducing drag caused by the typical side mounted mirrors. Tesla is working with the Feds to change laws to accommodate the option. I suspect it would tie into a rear backup camera as well.
image.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
In a letter sent to Town Hall attendees Elio Motors has listed the most requested options:

Top 10 Most Requested Options (in order)
1. Cruise Control
2. Sunroof/Glass Panoramic Roof
3. Hot rod fenders
4. Trailer Hitch
5. Leather/Heat/Power Seat
6. Vented Rear Window
7. Backup Camera
8. Bluetooth Audio/Cell Phone
9. Custom Wraps
10. Spare Tire Carrier

This is a letter sent on August 18, 2014 to the Town Hall attendees:

From Elio Motors.

Hello all.

On behalf of Paul and the entire Elio Motors team, thank you for attending the Saturday, August 16 Town Hall meeting. Over these past 60-90 days, we have realized significant progress in our company history, due in large part to the support of our Elio fans such as yourself.

As discussed, below are several items that we wanted to share as a follow-up to our conversation.

Reservations to Date:
To date, almost 9 out of 10 reservations are “All In” non-refundable reservations.

1. Cruise Control
3. Hot rod fenders
4. Trailer Hitch
6. Vented Rear Window
7. Backup Camera
9. Custom Wraps
10. Spare Tire Carrier

With each day, Elio Motors is one step closer to realizing our vision. Thank you for coming along for the ride.

The Elio Motors Team

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
In a letter sent to Town Hall attendees Elio Motors has listed the most requested options:

1. Cruise Control
3. Hot rod fenders
4. Trailer Hitch
6. Vented Rear Window
7. Backup Camera
9. Custom Wraps
10. Spare Tire Carrier

I find it interesting that 2 thru 4 are my top 3 "wants", with 10 being a distant 4th. I never was much on cruise control, but I certainly understand that LOTS of folks do like them. The only other item that much interests me is vented rear windows, but it is WAY behind my "distant 4th spot".

I am surprised there is no mention of an auto tranny.... o_O Maybe that is considered a "given" as far as options are concerned, but in my case, I have no interest there either! :D

wesley

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was thinking over a grand for an automatic transmission, and was still gonna get it. am still gonna get it. if they have an upgradable auto transmission I am gonna get that...the tranny actually can be more important than any other singular aspect of the autocycle. If Mr Elio puts in a great transmission it will exceed sales points no matter the costs.
I messaged EM and was told the auto trans upgrade shouldn't be more than $1000

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I messaged EM and was told the auto trans upgrade shouldn't be more than $1000
$1000 added for the auto trans upgrade seems very high at 15% of the total cost of the Elio. I'm guessing here, but most owners may require or prefer the auto trans.....at least the older owners........now we jump from $6800 to $7800 BOOM! Does EM need to work with a different supplier for the auto trans?

Top Bottom