• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Opportunity To Ask Questions Directly To Elio

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As it well should. Possibly with other key numbers as well. 100. 500, 1000, 5000 etc. should they wish to claim them.
Sure Elio owners and partners should get the first few .. No problem here letting someone else have the trial and error roll outs.. Just hoping they make it to 3500 or so and have everything down pat for mine..

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd be more convinced in seeing a retail location springing up than a factory being tooled up..
What is the point in paying lease $$$ for 12-24 months for something that will not be used for that period of tome. Would be wasted money.
Your mother-in-law just phoned to say she might be coming for a visit next January and was bringing her horse. You going to run out a d rent a stable now on the expectation that she might show up next January with a horse? Or would you wait until you knew it is needed? Same principle based on simple logic.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is the point in paying lease $$$ for 12-24 months for something that will not be used for that period of tome. Would be wasted money.
Your mother-in-law just phoned to say she might be coming for a visit next January and was bringing her horse. You going to run out a d rent a stable now on the expectation that she might show up next January with a horse? Or would you wait until you knew it is needed? Same principle based on simple logic.
I'm Sooo wrong.. Elio will probably drive one out of the factory, park it in a vacant lot while they build, maybe in a strip mall while waiting for a vacany to remodel.. They could hire your mother in law for security, riding her horse between all 60 major markets keeping an eye on things, she could take all phone calls and do test drives while her horse rest.. Seems you have solved both problems solved , I get to test drive and you don't have to put up with your mother in law..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I purchased my (1) car with no expectations or promises of picking it up at a store near you. When ever they finish it, no matter how many doors it has, no matter where the gas cap is, I will be happy with my original decision to believe in this company and concept. I have NO complaints on how they are progressing or what I see. Just keep moving forward Elio!!!!!!
We all did and are hoping this,

Elynde

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm Sooo wrong.. Elio will probably drive one out of the factory, park it in a vacant lot while they build, maybe in a strip mall while waiting for a vacany to remodel.. They could hire your mother in law for security, riding her horse between all 60 major markets keeping an eye on things, she could take all phone calls and do test drives while her horse rest.. Seems you have solved both problems solved , I get to test drive and you don't have to put up with your mother in law..
I have seen cars sold out of a mall in my state...and new cars sold outside of Costco for that matter. :p Long story short, I prefer to have a little faith that Elio Motors will treat us right. If not, I have at least shown support for a concept car I feel is sorely needed.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They could certainly put up billboards in the cities scheduled to have distribution centers. This would certainly create interest and general public awareness

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a very critical person. I can love you and criticize you and not feel the least little bit puzzled.
With Elio there is very little to criticize in their actions. Why? Because we do not know. So I guess you criticize them about not letting you know everything YOU want to know.
So many here have reservations about their reservations, and then they establish a premise which is unfounded to support their belief.
Elio is doing stuff, they are continuously moving forward. They are not doing it according Bubba or Lulu or an of the rest of us. But my god, to get on the Weather Channel, what a prize! Yet some of us believe if they don't see an "Opening Soon" banner then we have reason to worry, or bulletin boards.
I do not try and figure out the strategy. They have more knowledge about what to do and what they are doing. And if you could trust them when you plunk your cash down then they have not for one minute given you a valid reason to change your mind. They continue to show headway, with business partners and in the area of publicity.

Many here think my questioning of the gas cap on the wrong side was the musings of a fool, but the truth is that is something that is something that could be changed, and should be considered BEFORE the final prototype is accepted. And it is also something we are sure of, unlike those that worry about nothing but their mind's misgivings.
As critical as I am I find nothing they are doing as far as their business model to get upset about....

Now about that gas cap..and the lack of any optional quality paint jobs????

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
snip... If production is to begin in the next 6 months or so it seems to me that locations should have been picked by now..It takes months of red tape for Architect planning, Closing on property or even securing a lease to remodel.. snip..Red Flags?
There are many things that need to be questioned. Raising the roof line 1.5-2" when cars are supposed to be rolling off the line a year from now is absurd. As far as I can tell no one at EM knows what trans will be used yet as they are still hashing out the details.

The worst part is the lack of communication. Recently people have claimed the auto trans version will cost 250-300 more, 500 more, and 1000 more. All of them claimed this news came from EM. It may well have. The fact that there is no official info pipe line and we have to guess which second hand info to believe is ridiculous.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are many things that need to be questioned. Raising the roof line 1.5-2" when cars are supposed to be rolling off the line a year from now is absurd. As far as I can tell no one at EM knows what trans will be used yet as they are still hashing out the details.

The worst part is the lack of communication. Recently people have claimed the auto trans version will cost 250-300 more, 500 more, and 1000 more. All of them claimed this news came from EM. It may well have. The fact that there is no official info pipe line and we have to guess which second hand info to believe is ridiculous.
When was the last time a vehicle company of any kind offered pre-production information of any kind to the public before hand? To my knowledge, never. We need to keep that in mind rather than constantly demanding they tell us everything we think we need to know. Do we really Need to Know? When I signed my agreement it said I was reserving a place in line. It also very clearly stated no guarantees. I fully accept my decision to make that commitment. I also fully believe the Elio is going to happen. I trust Paul Elio, his team, his concept and Elio Motors. It is not for me to judge any changes they decide to make in order to meet the 4 goals they have specified. I personally am thrilled to have the opportunity to participate in this wonderful and exciting adventure. When I get my Elio I will also enjoy the continued adventure of owning something unique that I got to follow as it was being created and produced. The only other times I get to have that kind of experience is when I am designing and creating my clothing and when I am experimenting with nutritious meals in my kitchen. The Elio experience is a lot less stressful than either one of those procedures even though I am far more knowledgeable and experienced in both areas. I sincerely hope you can let go of your angst and enjoy the journey. It is a truly wonderful opportunity we are being given. I, for one, am celebrating it as it moves forward. Next year in our Elios! :-) Z

Top Bottom