• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Opportunity To Ask Questions Directly To Elio

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been studying the videos and pictures of the Elio.. it appears that the drivers seat is on, or slightly above the
center of gravity of the car. as opposed to most cars and trucks where the driver sits higher..exception to high performance
cars like Lamborghini's and Maseratis.. I am curious about the ride in the Elio. it should prove interesting.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been studying the videos and pictures of the Elio.. it appears that the drivers seat is on, or slightly above the
center of gravity of the car. as opposed to most cars and trucks where the driver sits higher..exception to high performance
cars like Lamborghini's and Maseratis.. I am curious about the ride in the Elio. it should prove interesting.

How much weight will a 6 way power adj. seat add ?? :)

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
nope, not so good at the whole peace thingie

If you've ever been to a bioware game event, it's a similar thing. They pay thousands of dollars to fly 3 employees out to an event and pay for an open free bar, take questions for an hour, and don't answer a single one with new information.
Lets look at some of their answers..Starting off with Test Driving.. Elio says you can go to one of their 60 major market locations.. humm.. The first 4000 ( approximate guess so far) built are supposed to be earmarked for those of us who went all in for 1000 bucks, then it trickles on down the the 14,000 remaining folks with either all in , 500, 250 , 100. from there the people with 1000 to 100 respectfully refundable deposits which so far add up to 15,000 units ,, Question number One= When do we, the all in get to test drive enabeling us to decide on little things like if we want stick or auto transmission, if tilt wheel is necessary, and a few other things.? Elio stated it is going to send out a build form to be filled out about 60 days before our build date..That does not fly with me..Do I need explain why? Question number Two.. Has anyone in the 60 so called major market areas Noticed a sign anywhere indicating ( Elio Coming Soon )?? If production is to begin in the next 6 months or so it seems to me that locations should have been picked by now..It takes months of red tape for Architect planning, Closing on property or even securing a lease to remodel.. NOW I know my favorite Smart Ass -es in here are going to come back with answers like "Nothing New , Move On " Or Shouldn't you be asking Elio not us".. Well I did, I got a thank you for your concern note..I'm also guessing the other wise ass in here will say I didn't ask intelligently !... If all the pime 60 locations are going to be stocked first why give us a number?..Red Flags?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets look at some of their answers..Starting off with Test Driving.. Elio says you can go to one of their 60 major market locations.. humm.. The first 4000 ( approximate guess so far) built are supposed to be earmarked for those of us who went all in for 1000 bucks, then it trickles on down the the 14,000 remaining folks with either all in , 500, 250 , 100. from there the people with 1000 to 100 respectfully refundable deposits which so far add up to 15,000 units ,, Question number One= When do we, the all in get to test drive enabeling us to decide on little things like if we want stick or auto transmission, if tilt wheel is necessary, and a few other things.? Elio stated it is going to send out a build form to be filled out about 60 days before our build date..That does not fly with me..Do I need explain why? Question number Two.. Has anyone in the 60 so called major market areas Noticed a sign anywhere indicating ( Elio Coming Soon )?? If production is to begin in the next 6 months or so it seems to me that locations should have been picked by now..It takes months of red tape for Architect planning, Closing on property or even securing a lease to remodel.. NOW I know my favorite Smart Ass -es in here are going to come back with answers like "Nothing New , Move On " Or Shouldn't you be asking Elio not us".. Well I did, I got a thank you for your concern note..I'm also guessing the other wise ass in here will say I didn't ask intelligently !... If all the pime 60 locations are going to be stocked first why give us a number?..Red Flags?
I wonder if maybe the person with #1, for example, will get the first one after the first,say, 120 are built. Elio could say "Those aren't actual production versions and aren't for sale yet." That way, number one still gets his and the centers get stocked. I, like you, have wondered about this. Also, after a could months of production, the NHTSA will "randomly select from dealer stock about 20 vehicles for crash testing". Whose will those be?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if maybe the person with #1, for example, will get the first one after the first,say, 120 are built. Elio could say "Those aren't actual production versions and aren't for sale yet." That way, number one still gets his and the centers get stocked. I, like you, have wondered about this. Also, after a could months of production, the NHTSA will "randomly select from dealer stock about 20 vehicles for crash testing". Whose will those be?
According to the numbers on the Elio Motors FB map, #1 belongs to Elio Motors, Shreveport, LA.

Elynde

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question number Two.. Has anyone in the 60 so called major market areas Noticed a sign anywhere indicating ( Elio Coming Soon )?? If production is to begin in the next 6 months or so it seems to me that locations should have been picked by now..It takes months of red tape for Architect planning, Closing on property or even securing a lease to remodel.
Mayhaps they are counting on reserving a whole year's production up front, shipping those custom builds straight from the factory, all while building their public dealerships? Heck. It would take that many reservations to build that many locations at once, one would think.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no answer and would not even care to guess..I do know that the build model and number on any titled vehicle is referenced in the vin number.. I'm wondering if or whom has reservation number 1 or 2.. I don't recall seeing any super low numbers in here but that does not mean there aren't.. But the market location centers baffle me Plus the fact That Elio brushed me off when I asked.. I'm all in for 1000 twice, I've defended Elio more than I've critized..To be honest I'm wishing I'd held off on one or both..It's that damn curse about being the first on the block I need to get over.. However once we mashed the send button after filling out the Visa Card info we took either a risk or bait..Time will tell !

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mayhaps they are counting on reserving a whole year's production up front, shipping those custom builds straight from the factory, all while building their public dealerships? Heck. It would take that many reservations to build that many locations at once, one would think.
I'd be more convinced in seeing a retail location springing up than a factory being tooled up..

Top Bottom