• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma City Elio Or What I Learned In School Today

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why should Paul give someone at Jay Leno's income level a free vehicle? That is pretty expensive publicity in the over all scheme of things. Think how much more meaningful Jay Leno's comments would be if he chose to buy one and then talk about it. If Leno needs a free one to get him to evaluate and discuss it then he does need one at all. That is my totally biased and not the least bit humble opinion. :) Z

Hey, Z, while I almost ALWAYS agree with you, the cost of manufacturing one (1) Elio would be teeny compared to the advertising value EM would get if Jay included it in a show, even for a couple of minutes. He might actually want to buy another at the low, low price of $6800.
I had an acquaintance many years ago whose product was featured in a Mother Earth News issue, and he blamed them for "ruining his life" by making his business TOO busy!
Love and Peace

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, Z, while I almost ALWAYS agree with you, the cost of manufacturing one (1) Elio would be teeny compared to the advertising value EM would get if Jay included it in a show, even for a couple of minutes. He might actually want to buy another at the low, low price of $6800.
I had an acquaintance many years ago whose product was featured in a Mother Earth News issue, and he blamed them for "ruining his life" by making his business TOO busy!
Love and Peace
Now there is a publication I would love to see the Elio in. Mother Earth News is my magazine even though I live in an apartment and can only have containers for a garden. One of the active speakers at the various Mother Earth News Fairs actually has an "all in at $1K reservation. I have seen him in some of the videos or photos on EM either FB or Instagram. Don't you know it is unhealthy to always agree with one person? :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now there is a publication I would love to see the Elio in. Mother Earth News is my magazine even though I live in an apartment and can only have containers for a garden. One of the active speakers at the various Mother Earth News Fairs actually has an "all in at $1K reservation. I have seen him in some of the videos or photos on EM either FB or Instagram. Don't you know it is unhealthy to always agree with one person? :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Right you are! Aee, there I go again.
In all seriousness, there is a whole other side of advertisement I haven't seen discussed- Elio Rally Sports.....Lots of us with permanent bugs in our collective teeth would find it a kick to race Elios....a three-wheeler oughta drift like a dream...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Jay will only do a review if he gets a free car/truck/bike. I think he would do it, just to do it, if the product comes to market. He likes vehicles that are different so the Elio is right up his alley.
Yes, he test drives many featured cars he doesn't own on Jay Lenos Garage. But, I thought it would be cool PR if he had one of the first Elios in his collection. The Elio will be the 2nd car in my collection.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why should Paul give someone at Jay Leno's income level a free vehicle? That is pretty expensive publicity in the over all scheme of things. Think how much more meaningful Jay Leno's comments would be if he chose to buy one and then talk about it. If Leno needs a free one to get him to evaluate and discuss it then he does need one at all. That is my totally biased and not the least bit humble opinion. :) Z
Like your thinking. Very logical!

Give one to ANYONE, for free, and the folks in the asker place would have to question the sincerity of that person's review and evaluation. For "real," or were they "bought?"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like your thinking. Very logical!

Give one to ANYONE, for free, and the folks in the asker place would have to question the sincerity of that person's review and evaluation. For "real," or were they "bought?"
Depends on what your opinion is of the person doing the product endorsement. Maybe Paul should give an Elio to Z.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Leno doesn't need to buy it- we need to give one to him! Other car manufacturers would fall over themselves for the opportunity to have the "free" publicity of giving away a unit i.e. I'm sure you don;t watch "The Price is Right",( I'd even take a guess you have no TV), but all the products including cars, RV's, expensive vacations are supplied for free to those shows-because it's so much cheaper then to pay for a "spot" on national airwaves. BTW I was published in Mothers' many years ago, but I never did get on the bus with Ken Kesey.!!

Top Bottom