• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Official Elio Motors Events - 2015

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
These questions are asked multiple times every day on FB/ElioMotors and the answers are always non-committal.

no doubt .... he may well get the same answers when he gets to the tour and speaks with Jerome but I've found the answers will be much more personal and often include a bit of personal insight that is lacking on FB .... of course, he's free to not ask, they were simply suggestions

GR1F1TH

Reaction score
I'll be going for sure. Want to see how restrictive the view is out of that windshield. I'll try to take a ton of photo's... are there any missing I should take for the guy who is trying to build the 3d model? I would borrow my friends kinect 2.0 and scan it but I don't have software or hardware up to snuff to use it.... aaaaand I doubt if they'd like me doing that. :p

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone going for a "stars and stripes" paint job?
Surely someone will, but not me.

I was taught to respect the flag, and that includes artistic renditions of it. Being covered in dust, mud, snow, or salt spray is not respectful IMO, and my Elio will look like that from time to time. I might consider it on a show car, but not a driver.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Surely someone will, but not me.

I was taught to respect the flag, and that includes artistic renditions of it. Being covered in dust, mud, snow, or salt spray is not respectful IMO, and my Elio will look like that from time to time. I might consider it on a show car, but not a driver.
Ditto on the respect for our flag! I did however have a large magnetic one (about 20x24) on my truck tailgate after 9-11 and took it off every week and washed it off. At times you could barely tell what color the truck was but the flag stood out loud and proud! Finally had to take it off after several years, when the color faded and no longer looked good. I should look for another one.:)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be going for sure. Want to see how restrictive the view is out of that windshield. I'll try to take a ton of photo's... are there any missing I should take for the guy who is trying to build the 3d model? I would borrow my friends kinect 2.0 and scan it but I don't have software or hardware up to snuff to use it.... aaaaand I doubt if they'd like me doing that. :p
Thanks! Yes, need a better look at the shock area and how the hub-carrier, and support for the wheel cover.
Also at the back from a low angle, but from a distance so the perspective, the parallax, isn't distorted.
Then you can ask will the shock be more tucked in, or will the new body contour simply cover it up?
Also ask, if the opening for the suspension change, becoming slits or a different shape?
Finally, how will the side opening integrate back to the belly pan?
That should about do it! Thanks again!

Opps, yes a photo of the elgin design, but a variety of photos of the dash and shifter area. A photo of the bracketing used for the Skyz display.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Feb 19, 2015 - Feb 20, 2015
Rome, GA - Confluence Conference (Closed to the Public)
The Confluence Conference http://www.confluencerome.org/speakers/ is actually open to the public, but tickets are required. However when looking over Conference speakers I noticed the following for Elio. My guess it's an uncorrected excerpt Elio provided before knowing they'd need to push production back. But who knows. Speculation is so much fun.

"Traditional personal transportation isn’t working like it used to. We need a new way of getting around.

That’s when a car enthusiast, a visionary, a man with a dream named Paul Elio got an idea. A simple, brilliant idea. To create a vehicle for today’s generation of drivers that addressed their transportation needs and the world’s new realities.

Anticipated Production Date Sept. 2015.
"

Top Bottom