• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you're right. But I do want a way to see out the back of my Elio, electronic or glass!
If you go to the Elio Motors homepage, under the features tab, you can click on customize. The backup camera option they show looks like a Garmin GPS unit that sits on top of the dash. Doesn't look like something I would want.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I personally think a rear view camera might be nice to have but not a necessity. My wifes Sorrento has a reverse camera but I never look at it. I learned to drive using only the outside mirrors to back any vehicle. My dad insisted on that because sooner or later I would be in a van or truck with no rear view. Anyway Amazon has rear view camera kits starting at less than $50 for camera and monitor. Some even have night vision.

Juney

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Being a former truck and bus driver I can use the outside mirrors effectively but you know, when driving in reverse in an auto I still prefer looking over my shoulder out of the rear window. Go figure. If they ever offer the option of a rear window I want it, I'll just lower the rear seat since I drive mostly alone.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you go to the Elio Motors homepage, under the features tab, you can click on customize. The backup camera option they show looks like a Garmin GPS unit that sits on top of the dash. Doesn't look like something I would want.

I already have a Garmin GPS that intended to use in our Elio .... the base will be mounted on the dash on the right side near the edge of the windshield .... right now we are considering the Skyz camera package, but much depends on pricing

Jim

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I already have a Garmin GPS that intended to use in our Elio .... the base will be mounted on the dash on the right side near the edge of the windshield .... right now we are considering the Skyz camera package, but much depends on pricing

Jim
FYI- this has been kicked around, and around on/in many posts. with many of the following-
don't need/want it- side mirrors does it ,diagrams/ optometrists/ pictures of blind spots/adjusting mirrors
larger mirrors, rear (and in some cases overhead and front cameras)etc.. When I did sit in it, and checked out the view through the mirrors, unless it's a bike riding close-up you will see it all. I never had a rear view on any of the bikes I owned(LOL)

Top Bottom