• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that would be true if lawyers looking for a payday weren't involved but those days are long gone

Jim
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the lawyers. After all, if business dried up, they'd have to try their hand at something else. No, I think when the family of the injured or killed pedestrian sues the driver, then he/she may feel compelled to fault the design of the vehicle, rather than take sole responsibility. They may be looking for an out due to the substantial claims that could potentially bankrupt an individual. Their liability insurance may also be at the state minimum. Again, goes back to taking personal responsibility for your actions.

From all I've seen, the Elio blind spot should be minimal. Take a look around. Steeply sloping backlights (rear windows) are quite popular again, like the old fastbacks. Not much view from the rear windows there.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the lawyers. After all, if business dried up, they'd have to try their hand a something else. No, I think when the family of the injured or killed pedestrian sues the driver, then he/she may feel compelled to fault the design of the vehicle, rather than take sole responsibility. They may be looking for an out due to the substantial claims that could potentially bankrupt an individual. Their liability insurance may also be at the state minimum. Again, goes back to taking personal responsibility for your actions.

30+ years of working in NC's prison system has left me with jaded opinion of the "legal profession" .... lawyers who take criminal cases are trained and required to pay little attention to their client's guilt .... justice plays no part, they are to do all they can to get the client off no matter what .... get a traffic ticket and be ready for a flow of info from law firms seeking business .... lawyers who take civil cases are to get every penny they can for their client, period .... personal responsibility isn't a factor for them .... many cases are taken with the deliberate intention of settling out of court and not going to trial .... they too seek to persuade clients to go to court, they don't get paid otherwise

Jim

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A rear view mirror should not be any big deal, especially in such a narrow car. My van has a rear view mirror but no windows! You learn to rely heavily on your mirrors, and alot of common sense.

2013-ram-cv-side_8425_001_640x480_psc.jpg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
30+ years of working in NC's prison system has left me with jaded opinion of the "legal profession" .... lawyers who take criminal cases are trained and required to pay little attention to their client's guilt .... justice plays no part, they are to do all they can to get the client off no matter what .... get a traffic ticket and be ready for a flow of info from law firms seeking business .... lawyers who take civil cases are to get every penny they can for their client, period .... personal responsibility isn't a factor for them .... many cases are taken with the deliberate intention of settling out of court and not going to trial .... they too seek to persuade clients to go to court, they don't get paid otherwise

Jim

And prosecutors are out to get a conviction any way they can -- which is why so many death row cases are being overturned these days.
The underlying flaw is that it's an adversarial system. I once had a lawyer tell me, the one time I got in trouble in my life, that the law isn't about problem-solving, it's about victories -- for both sides. (PS -- the charges were dropped).

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The trouble is, mirrors are not just mirrors anymore, mine has a ton of electronics already embedded in it, half of which isnt used due to the fact there is no rear window, the size of the cable coming out of it looks like a TV cable connection. It used to be no big deal just swapping out a mirror, but like everything else these days, it now has the electronic virus....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And prosecutors are out to get a conviction any way they can -- which is why so many death row cases are being overturned these days.

I retired well over 10 years ago so my numbers are dated but the number of convictions overturned due to a person being wrongly convicted is small .... somewhere in the 5 - 6% range .... DNA testing was supposed to be the savior that would free many wrongful convictions but according to the Innocence Project its only been about 6%. .... with DNA now used in trials, future wrongful convictions has to decline

Jim

Top Bottom