• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Carpet? Really?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if it's possible to enlarge the coolant container slightly and make it a "holding mechanism" instead, whereby you could lift the top and have access to 2 individual compartments - one for wiper fluid and the other engine coolant. This could certainly reduce the overall footprint of having to mount 2 separate fluid holders.

With the added benefit of heating the washer fluid for those who need to de-ice in colder climates. But they would have to take care since windshield washer fluid tends to have a lower boiling point. From looking online, I am seeing between 148 and 180 degrees.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the added benefit of heating the washer fluid for those who need to de-ice in colder climates. But they would have to take care since windshield washer fluid tends to have a lower boiling point. From looking online, I am seeing between 148 and 180 degrees.
A piece of honeycomb material between the two tanks should allow for heating without excessive heating

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hot liquid on cold glass... Warm enough not to be frozen is one thing but you don't want to spray a lightly frosted windshield with hot washer fluid!

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if it's possible to enlarge the coolant container slightly and make it a "holding mechanism" instead, whereby you could lift the top and have access to 2 individual compartments - one for wiper fluid and the other engine coolant. This could certainly reduce the overall footprint of having to mount 2 separate fluid holders.

If they did that they would be asking for a lot of trouble. People are not very observant and would be filling the containers with the wrong fluid. I for one want them far apart, I know what the difference is but others will just pour in washer fluid into the coolant and vice versa. Bad idea. I would rather have them find room somewhere else I would not even care if it was inside the cabin.

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they did that they would be asking for a lot of trouble. People are not very observant and would be filling the containers with the wrong fluid. I for one want them far apart, I know what the difference is but others will just pour in washer fluid into the coolant and vice versa. Bad idea. I would rather have them find room somewhere else I would not even care if it was inside the cabin.
You beat me to it, same thoughts about end-user confusion and potential for problems.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hot liquid on cold glass... Warm enough not to be frozen is one thing but you don't want to spray a lightly frosted windshield with hot washer fluid!
Not likely to happen. A frosted windshield implies a car that's been sitting. A car that's been sitting is going to have a cold engine.

Top Bottom