• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Anti Elio Facebook Group

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The difference here is this sight has no real ELIO haters. We may take issue with PE in some ways . However we support ELIO and are willing in many cases to throw down our own cash in advance to help it along.
ELIO motors needs a good kick in the tail to awaken from the dream world and get on with making this happen. The 40,000 that have stepped up and the 14,000 of them that went a step farther should at least help get investors to take a look.
The dumb smart car only sells about 10K a year I am betting ELIO could do a lot better. Heck not even close to production and has 40,000 waiting.
I still think that Paul may have hired himself a good PR consultant or a PR firm.
I don't know Smitty. I think they might have listened to those that were screaming for it.
He hasn't said, Sooooo... and they haven't stepped on their... tail... for a while now.
As a matter of fact, just the opposite. In the past week, it's been 180 degrees.
The only PR anomalies have been the media outlets that can't copy copy.
It's almost coming too much, too hard, and too fast.
I think it's bound to make some skeptics dizzy and suspicious.

I'm very happy to give time and space to see if this makeover will last. It just might.
This blitz wasn't planned in a day. All this must have been in the pipeline for a couple of months.
It looks like they got their hands on a small amount of anticipated and much needed cash.
They made plans on how best to creatively spend that money and all this is the result of that.
I really don't care if they ever divulge whether they're using professional PR services or not.
It's the result that I care about. Whether or not it's assisted by professional guidance is irrelevant.

Not begging to differ here.
Informed skepticism isn't necessarily a bad thing.
We don't want to forget history and be flattened by it repeating itself.

But I really think they're doing absolutely everything they can with the money they have at this point.
I'm 'amazed' at the 180, and the professionalism of EM's recent activity and communication.
I think there's a possibility that they did feel a kick in the tail a while ago and it hurt.
They seem like they've made a plan to change their behavior to prevent that.

Again, in IMO, I think they're doing far more with what little they have than I would've expected from anyone.

Last edited:

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Amazed, I'm with ya on the PR change. The engine debut fiasco cost EM credibility in many people's eyes. They made an about face shortly after that. The no news technique bothered a lot of people, but it was needed.

Waiting to see what comes out of the Cali meeting tonight.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we also have to remember that even among the 40,000+ reservation holders, only a small number appear to be following the development in micro detail .... its not rare for us to have a member join with a very low reservation number, who has found this forum and who knows very little about the sequence of events .... I couldn't agree more that they could have used a much better public relations/information release strategy .... its a shame that an even smaller number of trolls (I'm trying to be nice by using that term) have forced them into periods without any info releases

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Amazed, I'm with ya on the PR change. The engine debut fiasco cost EM credibility in many people's eyes. They made an about face shortly after that. The no news technique bothered a lot of people, but it was needed.

Waiting to see what comes out of the Cali meeting tonight.
Of course if you have no good news don't try to invent it or create a misleading hint you have some. You will get caught. I have seen how one or two changes in leadership can turn a company around...fast.

Top Bottom