• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somehow I see Eagles munching on geckos, not being buddies. The Eagle is a little too much used, we would be competing with Harley with the eagle. Something else is in order. This first suggestion is purely for giggles, I suggest the name "S Class". Some of you are seeing where I'm going. People will say, " look at that "s" car go!" Sorry.

Seriously, it seems the letter or number names are more popular now (popular with Euro cars or wanna be's). What name portrays the character of the Elio or what might the company like to portray? Something that portrays the styling that is unique to Elio and perhaps the economy of it. Perhaps, if we keep along the lines of Ford, first the Model T, then the Model A, now with Elio picking up where Ford left off at Model U? Or why not just contiue with the P series? Right now we are at P4 waiting anxiously for the P5. Will the first model be the P6 or P7? Or something light weight sounding? Cirrus was taken by Chrysler, I think, a car easy to forget. How about the Nimbus? Or Zephyr, wait there was a train of that name along with several Fords. Hmmm, something more whimsical? The Tadpole perhaps for the wheel configuration. Well, there's my feeble contribution.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok! Time to let our creativity to flow! Think of the Elio and what name you think would best represent it to the public. Or pretend you are on Paul E's staff in charge of such things, what kind of name would you give it looking at it from the corporate point of view? Let's keep it fun and PG, although I'm sure some strong would find possiblities beyond that. As Ron Burgandy would say, "Keep it classy, America!"

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's true, that's what most of us will call it, probably forever. This however is just for fun! Come on Wayne, give it a shot. There is no wrong answer, maybe some that are truly wild and odd, but we aren't out to name it, just to have fun with it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
]
Actually, I think the Elio is its own character. I think what might should be done is to have a shot of the Elio with the Gecko in it (in the passenger seat) talking it up and how Geico is able to provide good, low cost insurance for the Elio (or the same if you don't happen to have one). Either that or resurrect the Cavemen and have them take it out for a spin.
Paul Elio shaking hands with Geico's Gecko in a partnership to offer reasonable insurance coverage.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Until there are different models out Elio should be the name, PERIOD.

It's like changing a name of a business you just purchased...you automatic lose part of the business because like (Ricky Nelson once said in Garden Party)
they all knew my name ,No one recognized me

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
UtcaGxjl.jpg
The Tadpole is hilarious! Perhaps it should have 2F1R wheel.

Top Bottom