• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Naias 2017

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Went to Detroit show today and here is what I learned:
1.The transmission is the same for both the manual and automatic. The difference is that one has a clutch with shifter and the other uses solenoids to make the shifts.
2. The gas cap will end up on the right side.
3. It felt solid when I sat down and the door closes with a nice solid thunk.
One Elio person suggested that you might want snow tires in the winter if you have much snow.
4. The Elio people said this was a very fun car to drive.
5. When a pothole is spotted and you must straddle it, split the difference between your foot and the tire.
The Elio display had a large gathering around it for the hour I was there.
Hope they get funding soon.
#2 if the gas cap will be on the right side, then it will be on the left side, same side as the door. Right?

PA Car Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to Detroit show today and here is what I learned:
1.The transmission is the same for both the manual and automatic. The difference is that one has a clutch with shifter and the other uses solenoids to make the shifts.
2. The gas cap will end up on the right side.
3. It felt solid when I sat down and the door closes with a nice solid thunk.
One Elio person suggested that you might want snow tires in the winter if you have much snow.
4. The Elio people said this was a very fun car to drive.
5. When a pothole is spotted and you must straddle it, split the difference between your foot and the tire.
The Elio display had a large gathering around it for the hour I was there.
Hope they get funding soon.

Would be really great if they did produce snow tires for the front - although when I asked Paul before, he stated the tire manufacturer would not. Nor will they offer summer tires - sounds like only 'all season' for now. The rear is standard size and offers snows or summer tires already in the market, the fronts do not - really wish they would - just for that extra bit of security in bad weather and in good for the summer!

Top Bottom