• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Naias 2017

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figured there should be a thread to discuss things from the 2017 Detroit North American International Auto Show.

The first thing I've found so far is a Jalopnik video on facebook that I can't view:
https://www.facebook.com/jalopnik/videos/10154735931405168/

Is there anything of value there or is it the same Jalopnik quality that we're used to?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3 more days to showtime ? aka Fashionably Late ?
" Jan 14, 2017 - Jan 22, 2017 Detroit, MI - North American International Autoshow - Cobo Center - Details to follow "

Watched the link, Thank You slinches.
I think Jerome Vassallo is a real asset to ELIO. He professionally answered Jason's questions, as a VP of Sales should.
Jason is a funny guy. Jason drives on YouTube. I really do not think like others do that he, or Jalopy are out to get ELIO. I can understand their doubts about start ups. Many have failed. In this Video, Jason wished Elio all the best and his hope to see ELIO make it to production also.

Last edited:

Sside67

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Press release says Elio is at the show but don't see it listed anywhere on the materials so far. Planning to go next week.

January 10, 2017
Midwesterners get up close look at low-cost, highly fuel-efficient Elio Motors engineering and prototype vehicles
DETROIT, Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Elio Motors, Inc. (OTCQX: ELIO), the startup vehicle manufacturer planning to launch a three-wheel vehicle that will get up to 84 mpg with a set base price of $7,300*, is gearing up to host its world-class supplier partners and showing off its latest engineering vehicle, the E1c, to Midwesterners for the first time at the North American International Auto Show.

amma.prnewswire.com_media_342323_eliomotors_Logo.jpg

The show wrapped up its media days today and continues tomorrow with "Industry Preview Days." It opens to the public on Saturday and runs through Jan. 22. Visitors to the show's public days will get their first up-close-and-personal glimpse of Elio Motors' E1c engineering vehicle, which was introduced to automotive media in Los Angeles last fall.

"We're looking forward to sharing the E1c with show visitors during public days. Detroit is a tough, scrappy town, filled with people who never back down from a challenge. They have the perfect mindset to understand our relentless effort to get this vehicle to production," said Paul Elio, founder and CEO of Elio Motors. "We made great strides in 2016, improving our vehicle design, developing additional partnerships with world-class suppliers and relentlessly pursuing our fundraising efforts. We're going to celebrate those accomplishments with our Detroit fans in the coming days."

The E1c engineering vehicle is a significant step forward as Elio Motors progresses from the prototype to production phase. While the exterior looks only slightly different to the human eye compared to past Elio prototypes, the E1c engineering vehicle features foundational and structural improvements to the frame, suspension, and safety systems that will ultimately create a more satisfying driving experience.

The E1c is part of Elio Motors' E-Series vehicles, which are being built for testing and validation purposes. More than 80 percent of the E1c was assembled using soft tooling -- short-term, low-cost production tools -- to prove manufacturability and repeatability of individual parts prior to full production.

Elio Motors' team of world-class suppliers is primarily based in Detroit and has been instrumental in helping the company meet its cost, fuel efficiency and performance goals.

"Our supplier team is one of our greatest assets, complementing our existing engineering expertise and providing invaluable input into our vehicle development and manufacturing operations," Elio said. "The North American International Auto Show's proximity to so many of our world-class auto suppliers provides an opportunity to celebrate our ongoing progress. We look forward to seeing many of our supplier partners here at the show during Industry Preview Days."

About Elio Motors

Founded by car enthusiast Paul Elio in 2009, Elio Motors Inc. represents a revolutionary approach to manufacturing an ultra-high-mileage vehicle. The three-wheel Elio is engineered to attain a highway mileage rating of up to 84 mpg, while providing the comfort of amenities such as power windows, power door lock air conditioning and cruise control, accompanied by the safety of multiple air bags and an aerodynamic, enclosed vehicle body. Elio's first manufacturing site will be in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Forward Looking Statements

Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company's periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this press release. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this press release.

*MSRP for non-refundable reservations only and applies only until non-refundable and refundable reservations total 65,000. Total current reservations can be seen at: www.eliomotors.com. MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...rnational-auto-show-in-detroit-300389008.html

SOURCE Elio Motors

Released January 10, 2017
UOTE="slinches, post: 175363, member: 5947"]I figured there should be a thread to discuss things from the 2017 Detroit North American International Auto Show.

The first thing I've found so far is a Jalopnik video on facebook that I can't view:
https://www.facebook.com/jalopnik/videos/10154735931405168/

Is there anything of value there or is it the same Jalopnik quality that we're used to?[/QUOTE]

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have searched at least a dozen NAIAS Detroit Auto Show 2017 stories for a mention of Elio.
No luck so far, except for what is already linked here.
Is ELIO now old news, or is the show so big it is easy to get lost in the crowd ?

Cjr

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Elio is in the main entrance concourse at Cobo Center, a few feet from the ticket dispensers. Easily visible on Sunday. Lots of visitors. I was impressed by the window wiper on the E1c that has a "four bar" mechanism that allows it to wipe the narrow rectangular front window much better than a single pivot. It is very much like the older E class Mercedes wiper that used a single wiper but did the whole window with a single blade. Didn't see it work but was impressed. Sorry but no pictures.

Top Bottom