• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I really do admire David Brower's collection and the hobby too. Though really not in a league with the Elio. Isettas or Messerschmitts were never intended that way either.
A little German trivia follows;
I'm presuming everyone knows that Pres Eisenhower is responsible our Modern day Interstates. His inspiration was in WWII while racing to Berlin on Hitler's Autobaun. LOL Willie Messerschmitt himself finished out his days working for a Spanish Aircraft Co, Hispano Aviacion. Retired in 1970 died 1978. The Me 109 continued to serve in the Spanish Air force as late as 1957. They were also loaned out to make the "Battle Of Britain" movie from that era.

I agree, both vehicles are in a fundamentally different league from the Elio in at least two ways:

1) Both actually exist

2) Both can be purchased

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THE RED ISETTA IS WELL KNOWN IN MICROCAR CIRCLES . IT IS SOMETHING OF A HOT ROD .
IT HAS A 1962 700cs BOXER TWIN IN IT AND IS CAPABLE OF 80mph .
( THE EMBLEM SAYS "700" FOR A REASON ! )

THIS IS MATED TO AN ISETTA GEARBOX AND TELESCOPING DRIVESHAFT
THAT TURNS AN AXLE WITH GEARS , THIS ONE IS SHAFT DRIVE LIKE A BMW MOTORCYCLE.

THE DRIVETRAIN POINTS NORTH/SOUTH , NOT EAST/WEST LIKE A STOCK ISETTA .
IT IS SIGNIFICANT BECAUSE IT IS THE PUREST MIX OF BMW CAR & BIKE EVER BUILT .

I BUILT THIS ONE TO SHOW WHAT BMW COULD HAVE DONE IF THEY HAD TRIED A LITTLE HARDER .
IT IS A FULL CONVERTIBLE SO THE ENGINE CAN BE REMOVED BY HOISTING IT UP THROUGH THE BODY .

OF COURSE IT LOOKS EVEN BETTER WITH A COUPLE OF SPATEN BEER GIRLS .
THERE HAVE BEEN 3 MAGAZINE ARTICLES DONE ON IT . IT TOOK 20 YEARS TO BUILD .

View attachment 5594
Your work is incredible, what I can't figure, is how you have time to be here when your skills and talents must take most of your time. lol
I love the pics keep 'em coming.
May I ask what your plans for the Elios you will purchase?

Reactions: DWR

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I INTEND TO DRIVE MY ELIO TO WORK AND DO ALL THE THINGS I DO NOW IN MY 1996 BMW 318ti .
THE ti GETS 35mpg & IS PRETTY PEPPY . IT HAS THE BIG CALIFORNIA SUNROOF BUT IS GETTING A BIT OLD

IT CARRIES A LOT OF STUFF FOR SUCH A LITTLE CAR , SOMETHING THE ELIO CAN'T DO
BUT I WILL STILL HAVE MY SPRINTER VAN FOR THOSE DAYS .

THE MICROCARS ARE JUST WEEKEND TOYS & WE TAKE THEM TO CAR SHOWS .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I INTEND TO DRIVE MY ELIO TO WORK AND DO ALL THE THINGS I DO NOW IN MY 1996 BMW 318ti .
THE ti GETS 35mpg & IS PRETTY PEPPY . IT HAS THE BIG CALIFORNIA SUNROOF BUT IS GETTING A BIT OLD

IT CARRIES A LOT OF STUFF FOR SUCH A LITTLE CAR , SOMETHING THE ELIO CAN'T DO
BUT I WILL STILL HAVE MY SPRINTER VAN FOR THOSE DAYS .

THE MICROCARS ARE JUST WEEKEND TOYS & WE TAKE THEM TO CAR SHOWS .
thanks, enjoy! Im in envy

Reactions: DWR

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Timing is everything lack of movement currently does not reflect the strides made over the last few years. "They" are under NO obligation to share anything with us. After that, you lose objectivity i.e. suspension, improper etc.I have decided that you are no longer worthy of my time and I'll process to ignore you. No need to respond, 'cause I won't see it. May you find peace, may we all get our Elios
If that harmless little post set you off so badly you better ignore me too. I'm sure I'll say something MUCH worse than that in no time! B-)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, both vehicles are in a fundamentally different league from the Elio in at least two ways:

1) Both actually exist

2) Both can be purchased
Wait, I know that these statements were said specifically to drudge up irritated responses. This isn't one.

1.) I've actually sat in a real, existing Elio.
2.) ... Well, you've got me there. I'll have to assume you can purchase the cars in question. I can't go and purchase an Elio just yet.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, I know that these statements were said specifically to drudge up irritated responses. This isn't one.

1.) I've actually sat in a real, existing Elio.
2.) ... Well, you've got me there. I'll have to assume you can purchase the cars in question. I can't go and purchase an Elio just yet.
I'm sure Elio Motors would sell you the P4 for around $200 million! ;)

Top Bottom