• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Model 3 Vs Elio

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree but, no routine maintenance until you need to a replace the battery pack $$$!!! Also less durability with maintenance items such as brakes, tires, suspension, etc...due to the all the extra weight from the batteries. Tesla has been "exposed" by a "leading consumer magazine". Getting gas for most stops are a few minutes max, but then we gas and go!!!
Actually, regenerative braking results in LESS wear on the pads and rotors than you'd see on an ICE of equal weight. And can your car produce gas whenever you slow down? :p

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, regenerative braking results in LESS wear on the pads and rotors than you'd see on an ICE of equal weight. And can your car produce gas whenever you slow down? :p
Actually yes! If you add enough accessories from J. C. Whitney. 10% here, 20% there. etc. Install enough and your car will actually produce gas.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now we're talking Hybrid and I love mine. But I'm scared to death of hybrid repair bills. But I think the next step in all electric will be regenerative braking.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree but, no routine maintenance until you need to a replace the battery pack $$$!!! Also less durability with maintenance items such as brakes, tires, suspension, etc...due to the all the extra weight from the batteries. Tesla has been "exposed" by a "leading consumer magazine". Getting gas for most stops are a few minutes max, but then we gas and go!!!

Battery packs are as expensive as many people think. Relatively cheap if you have a few multimeter skills and know how to change out individual cells.

As for harder on bakes, um, no. The Toyota Prius routinely goes 120-200 k between brake pad replacement.
(via the aforementioned regenerative braking)

Top Bottom