• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

List Of New Parts Versus Existing Parts Thread

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so I buy a (fill in any electric/mechanical),tool/device- I open the Guide, and usually, on the last page(s) are exploded parts views, whose designations refer to a list describing each piece- except for small same size nuts/bolts which are described by size and quantity.-
Somewhere there has to be a TOTAL parts list for our Elios, inclusive of EVERY part necessary to assemble the car.
You can't build it without this, you can't come up with a total cost of all the parts without this encompassing list. And after all the parts are identified and counted, I think it will be VERY easy to account for 85% factor of USA products.
This is assuming that the total % are not by volume or weight!!(lol)
Torque to yield bolts are manufactured in commonly required sizes. If the Elio engine requires a non standard size, any manufacturer would be very pleased to come up up with the goods for a contract of this size.

Is this thread designed for any useful purpose, or just a medium for "willy waving"?
Maybe they will send us a parts list and we will have to build our own Elio.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Kit Car! If I get my Elio sooner... I am good to go with this idea! That is if it comes with everything!

Yes, I would willingly build my own P3 from a kit if it could be based around a Suzuki Swift donor, with the G10 engine, as the early prototypes seem to have been. I've owned a year 2000 Swift for a year and love it! I often drive it 45 miles to and from work instead of my BMW 330D. If I can't get an Elio I'll just carry on using the Suzuki. It owes me very little, having cost me the equivalent of about $1300, even though it had only 14,000 miles on it when I bought it last year.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I would willingly build my own P3 from a kit if it could be based around a Suzuki Swift donor, with the G10 engine, as the early prototypes seem to have been. I've owned a year 2000 Swift for a year and love it! I often drive it 45 miles to and from work instead of my BMW 330D. If I can't get an Elio I'll just carry on using the Suzuki. It owes me very little, having cost me the equivalent of about $1300, even though it had only 14,000 miles on it when I bought it last year.

Is it me or do cars depreciate quicker in the UK?

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it me or do cars depreciate quicker in the UK?

I've always found that used cars seem cheaper in the USA, but then they seem less expensive from new in the first place.

Bear in mind that my Swift was fourteen years old when I found it last year, unloved and uncared for with moss growing across the windscreen and a scuttle full of compost and snails because it's last owner had parked it too close to a hedge! It had never had a full service, according to the service record, only a check at 1,000 miles, I did what I'm sure was its first or possibly second oil change from new. But it all worked perfectly, apart from one seized and cracked front brake pad, which I easily fixed myself. I spent around $60 total on service parts and oil, $23 on brake pads and then $150 on new tires a month ago (original rear ones were beginning to crack due to age, although lots of tread was left),

I don't think I could get cheaper motoring; the Elio will cost a lot more.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of the 14 year old's here are mere suggestions of vehicles due to rust. A used car is the most direct competition for an Elio. having an extra vehicle that does not cost the moon to buy and operate will be very nice. Add brand new and not rusty, Home Run.
It is cool that the Elio will have body panels out of material like the Corvette which will not rust. I hope Elio powder coats the frame and nitrogen gas in the inner frame tubes. The Elio would last a while then.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is cool that the Elio will have body panels out of material like the Corvette which will not rust. I hope Elio powder coats the frame and nitrogen gas in the inner frame tubes. The Elio would last a while then.
I'm pretty sure the inner tube frames will be filled with an economical blend that the Elio will also be used in the cylinders. It is the same stuff Ford uses - a 78% nitrogen/20% oxygen blend.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom