• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Limited Slip/abs

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hope it's ok to start this topic....
There's smart folks on this forum that can tell me if the stock Elio ABS will act like a good limited slip (eg Torsen). Not that familiar with how that actually affects 'go' traction and not just 'stop' (which I think I understand from Av antiskid).

Generally, FWD cars do not use LSDs. The majority of weight is on the front and the specter of power being channeled back and forth between the two front wheels does not bode for predictable steering for the average driver and would dramatically increase torque steer. The trick to serious winter traction is performance winter tires such that the worst traction wheel is not bad traction in the first place. My '68 SAAB Sonnet II with FWD and the same weight and weight distribution ( and only 13 more HP) as the Elio had no problem ever in the snow or during ice track racing. Again, the trick is quality traction at the road surface. Nothing will compensate for poor grip.

Top Bottom