• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lets Compare Ecoboost

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 1L ecoboost is a hidden option on the 2014 Fiesta SE and started shipping back in Nov. 2013. It isn't listed as a main option but rather as a package which gives the SE the EcoBoost engine and high efficiency tires but takes away the fuel consuming aluminum wheels and replaces them with steel wheels and hub caps.

Ford used a cast iron block for cost reasons rather than longevity reasons like the 2.7L ecoboost in the new F150 which got a special Compressed Graphite Iron block which bolts to an aluminum cradle that holds the crankshaft. I'd imagine that the next gen of ecoboost will add CGI blocks as well.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agree .... the older I get (and any more I seem to be getting older in a hurry o_O ) the less interest I have in jackrabbit starts at a traffic light .... I don't foresee taking cross country trips in an Elio but I'd love to find out that its ride is such that it would be possible .... every mile we put on an Elio is a mile that doesn't go on one of our other vehicles .... with that being the case, those much more expensive vehicles should last longer

Jim
I'll let you know once I get home from Shreveport next year. Of course that may take a month since I live in Oregon and want to show it off on the way home. :-) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll let you know once I get home from Shreveport next year. Of course that may take a month since I live in Oregon and want to show it off on the way home. :) Z

hopefully you will take your computer along and post comments/pictures from the trip ..:cool:.. there isn't a need now but down the road a ways it might be good to have a thread area designated to where folks traveling in their Elio can take us all along for the ride

Jim

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh I see..
The usa has the 2.0 in the focus. F150, and stang. That I have seen so far.
Bet its fun in the focus with turbo.
I have a 2014 Focus 4 door. It gets 31.2 in dead of winter and is running 35-38 the rest of the year. Nice car but no where near what the Elio may get.

Top Bottom