• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Legal: Motorcycle License And Helmet Laws

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"open convertible users would have to wear a helmet as they should"- what??, what led you to this conclusion?
Taking that as a serious comment, Ammm, nooooa! Otherwise this would be true for all convertibles. But it doesn't mater, there are no Elio convertibles.
Having said that, after seeing what rocks around here do to my windshield every 6months, I'm reluctant to ride in any convertible with out at least a half-helmet. Seriously, it's truely scary.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Convertibles can present unique hazards. I was just outside of Springfield, Illinois on I-55 in my Miata, top down of course. Went to the left lane to pass a semi, and when I was a few car lengths ahead of him, I slid back over into the center lane.

That was when the pigeon took to the air out of the median, and started across the northbound lanes...

"Too low! Too low! Pull up! Pull up, you little bastard!"

He did, but not soon enough. WHAM! Hits in the top center of the windshield right above the rear view mirror, and the carcass shoots straight up. It also blew (what seemed like) every feather off of the pigeon, and for about eight seconds, I was driving completely blind in a swirling cloud of feathers... Can't help but think I probably gave that truck driver his best laugh of the month!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: where are your friends when you need 'em!

Could use a 'wing' man...
image.jpeg

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's face it I'm chicken, although I've always preferred the breast over the leg!! (I think this just might be going over the imaginary moderator's line ?) Time will tell............
Until then, let's stay united, you know birds of a feather.........
BTW, as a vegan, I abhor animal cruelty- but this stuff is funny!!.(I have no problem hunting for consumption) :-) my motto- if it shits don't eat it!!

Top Bottom