• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
From multiple sources on Twitter, 2 race suspension for Matt.

confirmed :

"NASCAR suspended Matt Kenseth for the next two Sprint Cup Series events Tuesday for his role in a crash with Joey Logano late in Sunday's race at Martinsville Speedway.
NASCAR officials issued no other penalties to the driver of the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 20 Toyota, but did place Kenseth on probation for the next six months."

from this link .... no news on Danica

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"NASCAR officials penalized Danica Patrick on Tuesday for her aggressive on-track actions with David Gilliland last weekend at Martinsville Speedway.
NASCAR fined Patrick $50,000 and assessed her the loss of 25 points in the Sprint Cup Series driver standings. The behavioral penalty also places Patrick on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.
Gilliland's Front Row Motorsports No. 38 Ford made contact with Patrick's Stewart-Haas Racing No. 10 Chevrolet, sending her car into the Turn 3 wall during the later stages of Sunday's Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 . Patrick retaliated with a similar move, twice shoving Gilliland's car up to the Turn 3 and 4 walls, bringing out a caution period on Lap 419 of 500.
Patrick rammed into the back of Gilliland's car during the yellow flag before taking her car to the garage. She retired from the race in 40th place. Gilliland finished 24th in the 43-car field.
The two have been at odds in the past, with tensions rising in the spring of 2013 at Kansas Speedway. Patrick issued warnings over her team radio in response to Gilliland's hard-nosed racing. Gilliland replied through a team spokesperson, telling Patrick to "shut up and race." "

from this link

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Foul !!!!! Danica has to put up with more BS than any other driver .Guess I need to make a little trip to NASCAR headquarters .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So they give Matt 2 races to cool off, no fine, no points; nothing for the crew chief or car owner. I think that's proof that Brian and his cronies have been watching twitter and FB and wherever else a lot of comments pile up.
Dan-a-can't gets fined for the first time in NASCAR, I think they were just helping her get some attention. (Sorry guys, I don't share the same cheering section for her that a lot of others do).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard a little interesting bit of info on Matt Kenseth a couple of days ago; seems that Brian and Hilton were going to let Matt off the hook completely on the 20/22 crash. But ............ they found a recording of Matt on a KC radio station after the KC race where he clearly stated that he was "going to take out Joey during the Martinsville Race". If he had only kept his mouth shut about his plans, he would have gotten off with a stern warning and "probation" (which is a joke onto it's own) till the end of the year. There are times drivers are not the brightest bulbs; this was one of those times.

And don't miss the Texas singing of the National Anthem; the fly over is going to be 24 Skydivers (Ooooo Ahhhhhhh) for their salute to Jeff Gordon.

Top Bottom