• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Grasshopper when you place your posterior in the Elio driver's seat.....it WILL BE your time to LEAVE !...One that has big dreams & plans...but, wait on Govt. financial backing...SLEEPS with the lady of Disapointment !...just sayin'

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grasshopper when you place your posterior in the Elio driver's seat.....it WILL BE your time to LEAVE !...One that has big dreams & plans...but, wait on Govt. financial backing...SLEEPS with the lady of Disapointment !...just sayin'
I don't know why EM expects and/or is waiting on ATVM backing (other than the opportunity to use Millions of low interest loan money). The startup of any new business with major debt and no actual product to sell should not expect government backing.

Elio Reservationists, and Fans may hope for the ATVM loan approval if it was the only way to fund the Elio to production, but we shouldn't expect the loan approval or blame the DOE for being responsible with tax payer dollars. The P5 completion/testing and E Build/testing balls are in EM's court, not the ATVM's court to make it happen.

EM is currently operating on $13 Million of no interest, no payback, free investor money to start the E Builds and testing. EM has a compelling product and an amazing marketing team. It may be time EM starts using some of their own private funding initiative to get a product to market. Whenever I think about the "woe is me" funding and the progress made after 8 years of marketing (still no tested P5 or E's) I become a little doubtful about Q4 2016.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why EM expects and/or is waiting on ATVM backing (other than the opportunity to use Millions of low interest loan money). The startup of any new business with major debt and no actual product to sell should not expect government backing.

Elio Reservationists, and Fans may hope for the ATVM loan approval if it was the only way to fund the Elio to production, but we shouldn't expect the loan approval or blame the DOE for being responsible with tax payer dollars. The P5 completion/testing and E Build/testing balls are in EM's court, not the ATVM's court to make it happen.

EM is currently operating on $13 Million of no interest, no payback, free investor money to start the E Builds and testing. EM has a compelling product and an amazing marketing team. It may be time EM starts using some of their own private funding initiative to get a product to market. Whenever I think about the "woe is me" funding and the progress made after 8 years of marketing (still no tested P5 or E's) I become a little doubtful about Q4 2016.
I have not seen any video or interviews where anyone affiliated with EM is complaining about funding or crying about lack of funding. They are not sitting around claiming that they are "entitled" to the ATVM money. What they are doing is everything they can to quallify for the loan. When you do your taxes don't you claim every dollar the law says you can claim? EM it not cheating the system by applying for the money.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think they'd like to have the loan. Don't think thay are counting on it. It would certinally come in handy. Just cuz some reporter said they were banking on it dosn't mean it's so. The stock sales alone should put them into production in 2017. The bigger problem is Cado Parish and getting them to extend again the date for setting up the plant. This is gonna happen as I see it, maybe not when we think it will but it will. Us all in people invested in his dream not the time frame. Wheather we liked it or not. :becky:
MK

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not seen any video or interviews where anyone affiliated with EM is complaining about funding or crying about lack of funding. They are not sitting around claiming that they are "entitled" to the ATVM money. What they are doing is everything they can to quallify for the loan. When you do your taxes don't you claim every dollar the law says you can claim? EM it not cheating the system by applying for the money.
Excuse me, I said waiting on or expecting the ATVM funding EM claims they need to start production. You said sitting and crying about lack of funding. I did not imply they were cheating the system. I hope they get positioned to qualify. We may both agree on the lack of money and the funding NEED to manufacture Elio's. I personally don't care where they find it.

Again, I think it's time for EM to initiate their plan for private venture capital funding during the E build/testing so that when the testing is complete the factory is tooled, employees hired and trained, engines built, and ready to start production. Otherwise our wait is much longer than the current on track Q4 2016 production schedule. There is the possibility that EM has secretly tooled the plant, engine production has been sub contracted, parts are locked in (even though there is no official design freeze) and things are ready on the production side and waiting for employees.

If EM qualified I would be the first to stamp the ATVM loan approval. As it is they are $70 million in debt, facing contract penalties, have no P5 testing verification of performance claims, and have no current source of sales revenue indicating the ability to repay the loan. The good news is they have managed to recently acquire $13 Million to fund daily operations and build E's. That is progress.

Last edited:
Top Bottom