• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those that haven't seen this I'm posting it in different places

fed0b86aaa6e97ed744b459c32fde7fc?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.png

Elio Motors’ Focus on Safety
by The Elio Team

[Broken External Image]

Happy Friday Elio friends and family! Have you recovered from all the holiday cheer and family and friends? We hope your holiday was everything that you had hoped for and more.

January is always a great point for a “fresh start” on many items that we do or know we should be doing more of, or maybe less? We try diets, exercise, renewed commitment to hobbies and activities and many other things to help us get better in all ways. Elio Motors goes through this process too, informally, to see what we need to do to continuously communicate our vision and mission better as well as help our fans both new and long-time learn more about us as we drive toward production.

One area that we want to discuss this week is safety. There are some misleading items that have surfaced recently that mostly stem from incorrect interpretation of old news. We have been aware of RIN: 2127-AL15 proposed rule since February of 2013 when it was first published. Our Governmental Affairs team is on it and continues to watch these and other rules/laws carefully. The GA team feels this particular rule does not impact Elio because of the side by side seating and the fact that the rule has been inactive since 2014. We continue to work closely with individual states and at the federal level to further define what is in the best interest of the consumer and is appropriate for the consumer. We actively support Federal Legislation called “The Autocycle Safety Act” which creates a new category called autocycles which includes appropriate safety equipment.

[Broken External Image]

The real message is that Elio Motors is committed to the safety of our vehicle. Safety is one of our four main tenets (along with the up to 84 mpg highway and targeted base selling price of $6,800 and made in the USA) so it is a key driver in each or our decisions.

Regardless of how the vehicle is classified, our goal is to build a safe vehicle that we would be comfortable driving and having any of our family members drive.

The Elio Safety Management System is at the core of our safety commitment. The Elio Safety Management System consists of: Three air bags (steering wheel and two side curtain), reinforced steel roll cage, anti-lock brakes, traction control and seat belts (including the LATCH system in the back seat). We have run computer simulations using the same programs that most auto manufacturers use and the Elio returns fantastic results. We will continue testing and refining the safety profile with the upcoming E-series vehicles. We have a large slate of tests to perform, live tests, to prove out the results of the simulations. I know what you are thinking, you are building vehicles just to crash them??? Yes, it is hard for us too, but in order to make sure the production Elio is safe we have to do this now, no matter how painful it will be to watch.

You can see that safety is an important part of Elio Motors and will continue to be as we move toward production and beyond.

[Broken External Image]

Elio Preview Tour -
January 16-24, Detroit, Michigan; North American International Auto Show, show hours, P5 show

Thanks for your support.
did I miss the 5 star rating??

Juney

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Howdy Good People,
Once again I return from sweeping up that burnt mess that used to be my nice cabin in the California foothills. The Elio is my reason and saving grace to keep the cabin as it's a 250 mile round trip from my primary home. I'm re-building the cabin. I'm all in on the Elio. 'Nuff said?
I can't post from the cabin, no internet, cell phone towers or pigeons. Just fish and deer, and beer. So when I get back to the Bay Area I'm glad you guys keep me posted.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Howdy Good People,
Once again I return from sweeping up that burnt mess that used to be my nice cabin in the California foothills. The Elio is my reason and saving grace to keep the cabin as it's a 250 mile round trip from my primary home. I'm re-building the cabin. I'm all in on the Elio. 'Nuff said?
I can't post from the cabin, no internet, cell phone towers or pigeons. Just fish and deer, and beer. So when I get back to the Bay Area I'm glad you guys keep me posted.
good luck with the re-build, and now too much water seems the next catastrophe. Take your time, and enjoy the lower cost of gas these days in whatever you are currently driving. The Elio is way "down the road" ;-)

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John, I think you would be great in Elio's PR department. You are very insightful. I hope this road we are on does not have any more detours. :pray:
That was very kind of you, I'll be sure to drop of a nice Maine lobster for you when I get my Elio, or for that matter you could easily afford a drive to Maine for a nice meal at my humble abode. ;)
IMG_3708.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True enough. The woman I bought my E320 wagon from was in her 90s. I bet it never saw 6,000 RPMs until I bought it!
She most probably took care of it too! I bet she's a regular at the dealer for it's maintenance, oil change, etc. You may have to break it in....for real! :D

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was very kind of you, I'll be sure to drop of a nice Maine lobster for you when I get my Elio, or for that matter you could easily afford a drive to Maine for a nice meal at my humble abode. ;)
View attachment 7954

The only lobster I can get here on the west coast is from Red Lobster or the Cousins Maine Lobster truck; neither of which really blows my mind. Both are kinda meh. Someday I want to make a trip out to Maine and try some real, authentic, fresh, legit Maine Lobstah. I hope it's better than the subpar stuff I'm used to. (Because I love seafood)

btw, does Maine have or serve abalone? I had some once and it was probably the greatest meat I've ever tasted ever, period, of any kind. It was amazing.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Did I hear correctly? Have we been postponed to 2017?

The official line from EM is still "Q4 2016". But when we look at production time and the fact that I am sooo far back on the reservation queue, I'm not expecting to personally take delivery of my Elio until sometime in early 2017.

Top Bottom