• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, just off there website on 11-17-15.
Say hello to Elio. The ultra-high-mileage, sleek two-seater for an incredibly affordable base price. Coming fourth quarter 2016!
you beat me to posting the statement above from EM's website at this link

So, are you both saying that the fourth quarter 2016 production date is now a promise, and is no longer a target? Has anything else moved from being a target to being a promise while I wasn't paying attention?

EDIT:
Is the information on eliomotors.com or on https://www.startengine.com/startup/elio-motors (Preliminary Offering Circular) more reliable?

Is the "This Agreement does not constitute an agreement for the sale of a vehicle and does not lock in pricing, a production slot, or an estimated delivery date. You are under no obligation to purchase a vehicle from us, and we are under no obligation to supply you with a vehicle." part of the Reservation Agreement going to be changed or deleted?

I thought that we had been all through this several times.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the original question of was has EM changed their projection of starting production from mid 2016 .... a good while back they revised that start date to the last qtr of 2016 and as best I can tell that is still their official projection

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have heard two times that Elio Motors employees have stated, that potential investors have offered all the money Paul Elio needs, but he has turned it down because the investors wanted "too much control". There are many wealthy people who are car enthusiasts and would salivate at the idea of starting a car company. I also believe they would love to determine the design of the vehicle, so Paul Elio has said "no". These people are more interested in designing a vehicle than they are in manufacturing one.

I hope Paul Elio does not let this project die because he does not want to share control. The vehicle would never be built, we would loose our money, and Paul Elio will never have this chance again.

If Paul Elio does not get the ATVM loan, he may use the 506 and crowdfunding money to finalize the design and testing and bring in investors when it comes time to actually build the vehicle. The design and testing will have been finalized and investors will be less likely to change it.

(I know I have said this before. I know I am repeating the idea.)

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't we all know that all of the marketing materials represented targets, and not promises? Production date, price, fuel mileage, safety, etc? Why stress over it?

It's cliche, but time is money. In my experience, there's a death spiral that I like to sum up: "Every month the schedule slides 30 days." I've seen a lot of projects enter into that mode and I've yet to see one emerge from it. When I plunked my money down something like 18 months ago the Elio was a bit over a year away. It's still a bit over a year away. I don't stress over it in the sense of hand wringing. At this point I follow the Elio out of morbid curiosity; not because I still expect to own an Elio someday (That ship has sailed.). Regardless, it's that death spiral that makes interest in projected dates and such relevant. Like it or not, every slipped date means that the death spiral continues.

Don't get me wrong, a slipped date or two does not a death spiral make. But to go years and to have made zero progress per the schedule (still just over a year away)? Yeah, that's a death spiral and that's why the dates are worth stressing over for those who are still hopeful.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the screen shot of EM's home page

EM Home Page.gif

For those that continue to say because the SEC filing says 15 months it will be late 2017, could you please wait until that question is asked this weekend by those that plan on going to the LA Auto Show and ask that very question.
I will have to go with what EM has to say; could those stating otherwise please hold until that time? It's only a couple of day and we don't need to be providing the BOTS rumors like that. (As I type this, 45 BOTS are connected to this site looking to find any information they can use)

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the screen shot of EM's home page

View attachment 7536

For those that continue to say because the SEC filing says 15 months it will be late 2017, could you please wait until that question is asked this weekend by those that plan on going to the LA Auto Show and ask that very question.
I will have to go with what EM has to say; could those stating otherwise please hold until that time? It's only a couple of day and we don't need to be providing the BOTS rumors like that. (As I type this, 45 BOTS are connected to this site looking to find any information they can use)

I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying. 15 months from now is early 2017, not late 2017. Are you saying that marketing talk from a salesman at an auto show should carry more weight than a legal document thoroughly vetted by professional accountants, attorneys, the board of directors, personally signed off by the president of the company, submitted to the federal government and published to the world? I'm pretty sure that the SEC filings are just about as official Elio Motors information as we can get.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying. 15 months from now is early 2017, not late 2017. Are you saying that marketing talk from a salesman at an auto show should carry more weight than a legal document thoroughly vetted by professional accountants, attorneys, the board of directors, personally signed off by the president of the company, submitted to the federal government and published to the world? I'm pretty sure that the SEC filings are just about as official Elio Motors information as we can get.

when the document was released we were told that its fine to beet projections but not so good to fail to meet them .... I suspect (no inside info whatsoever) that such dates were put into the proposal so as to give wiggle room if it should be needed .... to me it would make sense to do so

desim

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm another who watches but has given up due to the constant movement of the due date.. Buying a Miata with the money I had for the Elio. The date keeps moving and to my eye Mr. Elio is moving slower than a snail.
Wanted to get excited about the car show and reveling but so what? Just another one off and no movement on the production line.

Top Bottom