• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Shall Call It "total Enviormental Impact!"

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My fear is global warming leading to the gulf current slowing too much/stopping and bringing on an ice age.
Lets see; you throw all your beer cans over and time their drift in thus the speed of the gulfstream, right? So that was the excuse you gave the Coast Guard when the caught you throwing all beer cans overboard on your way to Bermuda.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping EM will read this and offer a PTO as an option. Could use the Elio to mow the yard and till the garden in style.:)

in keeping with the EM philosophy, there is no need to reinvent the wheel when off the shelf items are available ===> http://www.drpower.com/power-equipment/field-brush-mowers/tow-behind-brush-mowers/ <=== .... all EM has to do is mount a rear receiver (something that they have discussed anyhow) and include DR in their " Suppliers Network" .... :D

Jim

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...when legitimate records on climate has shown no warming for 20 years. Was it last week that climatologist indicated that ice in Antarctica is at an all time record high since the keeping of records.
Alright Folks.
Even though you seem to want to be just plain unnecessarily and inappropriately base and nasty in your responses...
Instead of stooping to whatever level you're on, I've provided a couple of links.
These directly pertain to the two issues you mentioned.
They involve NASA and NOAA resources and information among others.
To reiterate, my previous post included a link about the recent report from the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Are these legitimate enough for you?
Read them if you dare.
On the second link, click the tab for the intermediate level of the article.
http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21598610-slowdown-rising-temperatures-over-past-15-years-goes-being
http://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of (Elio) your take on Climate (Elio) change, or global warming (Elio) or what side of the political (Elio) and scientific fence you (Elio) sit on, I think the issue (Elio) comes down to facts vs projections / predictions (Elio) and whether the cause of (Elio) any temperature change is (Elio) man-made or a natural, cyclical (Elio) phenomenon. And is there anything any of us could really do to effect it in any distinguishable way. Since the Earth has been around for anywhere from 7000 to umpteen billions of years through all the turmoil and it's fared pretty well, I think it's kind of arrogant to think that anything we little humans do could possibly have any effect on the survivability of this perfectly designed and balanced universe. (Elio)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the Earth has been around for anywhere from 7000 to umpteen billions of years through all the turmoil and it's fared pretty well, I think it's kind of arrogant to think that anything we little humans do could possibly have any effect on the survivability of this perfectly designed and balanced universe. (Elio)
Passenger Pigeon.

Next up on our list to mention a few:
Kashmir Musk "Fanged" Deer
All subspecies of the Tiger
Polar Bear

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup.
I'm not quite old enough to have remembered when the last Rex went down.
Humans may have done pretty well without them, but they didn't vanish because of human actions.
The ones on my list? Pretty much.
I'd say that's having a pretty profound effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom