• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I miss US.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Lilly,
Do you mean you miss the United States or you miss posting with various individuals on this forum??

For me, its the lazy days of summer. Not really much going on in my neck of the woods.

What's new with you??
I miss both the US and Us. LillyMay and Zelio were my 2 favorite Elio Owner member posters……..and possibly JEBar. :)

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio! She was wonderful!

Even though we are small numbers now, I think we still have a nice little group here. We that remain still hold on to a glimmer of hope for a small inexpensive mode of conveyance. We have renewed hope with Mark Bex! The shade of my hair and beard in my profile picture now matches the grey of that sweater. We are a tough bunch. A hopeful bunch. Those of us still here will see this through!

Reaction score
You Bet. Every morning, first thing I do when I turn on my computer is check for my dreams to be announced here. I miss you, my friends. I miss you. Forgive me, I broke my arm, Saturday, the 13th. That was a terrible day. I won't be seeing a doctor till the 5 of August! No Shit! DEI at the VA. The whole world is going to hell. I'm still saving money like crazy. It has become a lifestyle. I've been living third world so long. Got enough now to buy neighbor's land. She won't come down on price. Been on the market since March LAST year (16 months!). I've decorated my yard with hateful No Trespassing signs, eggs & roosters for sale signs. I sold real estate 40 years ago. I know my offer is fair. ELIO taught me patience. How is your tool cleaning going? How is your little elio project going? Your home improvements going?
Make offer on this. $20K or less. My offer is $21K. Show interest.
No gas & mineral rights, no driveway, no septic, well or electric. Place is a trashy jungle with me on one side and a drunken ass hole on the other. My place is valued at 63K, less than the 69K, I paid for it. The property on the other side of me sold for $50K even, August, two years ago, With a nice drive, mineral rights, electric, working well & pump house, and a working septic! I know my offer is fair.
I got over 20 young roosters still needing processed and a broken arm. About 38 new hens will be laying in a month or so. Processed two old goats, early this year, bought a new buck. Still have two girls waiting on him to grow up. I sold my last buck on Craig's list. He was an asshole.
Husband and grandchildren are well. Jesse, 14 years old is here, taking care of me.
Please keep our forum going. I miss US. I still want my Elio.
Make offer on land.

Reaction score
I broke down and bought a electric vehicle, yesterday. I've been looking at them for months. Finally found a salesman I wanted to give my money too. He was a cutie. Yes, I am a sexist and proud of it. My fourteen-year-old grandson is so happy, he giggles, grins and runs into stuff. It's wonderful. Black ezgo golf cart with six inch lifts and aggressive wheels. I haven't drove it. The salesman taught Jesse how to drive it, both at his place and here at the farm. He was patient and really did care about US. I will post pictures as soon as I find somebody with two hands to take pictures. I hate the thought of my electric bill going up but the salesmen all tell me it will be just a little. So, I don't want a electric elio but I got a ezgo.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I broke down and bought an electric vehicle, yesterday. I've been looking at them for months. Finally found a salesman I wanted to give my money too. He was a cutie. Yes, I am a sexist and proud of it. My fourteen-year-old grandson is so happy, he giggles, grins and runs into stuff. It's wonderful. Black ezgo golf cart with six inch lifts and aggressive wheels. I haven't drove it. The salesman taught Jesse how to drive it, both at his place and here at the farm. He was patient and really did care about US. I will post pictures as soon as I find somebody with two hands to take pictures. I hate the thought of my electric bill going up but the salesmen all tell me it will be just a little. So, I don't want an electric elio but I got a ezgo.
You might like your first EV so much that you would actually prefer an EVElio. We purchased our first EV back in 2021 and I had serious doubts and range anxiety at the time, but compelled to give it a try. Turns out to be my favorite vehicle in my 77 years and wouldn’t consider going back to ICE. My 14 year old Grandson likes it too. :) Give us your opinion after you experience some drive time.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
@LillyMayPatterson #1685 & #5648 Sorry to hear about your injury.

Home improvements are all just about done. I'm on the fence about a new backsplash in the kitchen. I was thinking about dark gray subway tiles... I don't know, though. I'll make a decision in the fall when its cooler. I started kicking around the idea of selling this house and starting another fixer-upper, but I am 59 and I'm not sure a have another home rebuild in me.

For now, I'm keeping the trees and shrubs trimmed, so that gives me a weekly project to satisfy my idle hands.

I'll make a "to do" list for the cooler temperatures.

Some health issues with my girlfriend derailed our summer travel plans, but we'll reschedule those for the fall or next year.

We are still looking forward to traveling all over the United States when we get our BEX Mongrel. My current econo-box car is starting to show some wear and I'll probably need to put some money/work into it.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What really upsets me is that there were so many avid supporters of Elio and many sent the company money. Paul just evaporated when times got bad. Last time he spoke in public was 6 years ago. I remember people here that were so happy to just meet Paul and looked at him as a friend. As of today, unless you go to his used car dealer and interested in a car, he has no time for you. So, I see why many of the people just walked away and now it's just a handful left. I had my doubts about the company but never thought he would just go away and not care a bit for the people that supported him for years. I think most have moved on and would never buy anything that had Paul involved.

Reaction score
I'm not mad and I don't blame him for disappearing. I was the foolish one for investing so much into another man's dream. I met Paul Elio and I truly believe he was and still is a good man.
And I understand the people who are angry. Too many wish PE ill-well, and like all public figures, one or two might try to kill him or ruin him it some manner. I imagine Paul has been living in danger, in shame and broken hearted. He has paid dearly for what? Having a dream and acting on it, taking a risk and going out on a limb, for having the balls to try.
Still yet, I visit this page hoping for news or a phone call telling me my vehicle is being made. I think those of you reading this, are too. I ain't giving up.

Attachments

• Me & Paul.jpg
    Me & Paul.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom