• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I miss US.

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not mad and I don't blame him for disappearing. I was the foolish one for investing so much into another man's dream. I met Paul Elio and I truly believe he was and still is a good man.
And I understand the people who are angry. Too many wish PE ill-well, and like all public figures, one or two might try to kill him or ruin him it some manner. I imagine Paul has been living in danger, in shame and broken hearted. He has paid dearly for what? Having a dream and acting on it, taking a risk and going out on a limb, for having the balls to try.
Still yet, I visit this page hoping for news or a phone call telling me my vehicle is being made. I think those of you reading this, are too. I ain't giving up.
A big problem with Paul isn't so much the reservations but that he took the company public and sold stock. In effect, these people invested in his company with the understanding he would follow the rules. He didn't. He has not told the shareholders what is going on. Only the few that were on the board know and they aren't talking either. Smells of a scam to defraud. They should have come clean years ago.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lilly... I wanted to acknowledge your post and I understand your feelings.

If I may share a quick story, a few years ago I worked for a very small company. When times were good the owner took a modest salary, when times were bad he took no salary. His ultimate goal was to grow his company have it succeed.

Paul Elio took a $250K salary regardless of the health of Elio Motors, the lack of funds or the compounding debt.

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Lilly... I wanted to acknowledge your post and I understand your feelings.

If I may share a quick story, a few years ago I worked for a very small company. When times were good the owner took a modest salary, when times were bad he took no salary. His ultimate goal was to grow his company have it succeed.

Paul Elio took a $250K salary regardless of the health of Elio Motors, the lack of funds or the compounding debt.
You forgot that Elio Motors also paid Paul for engineering above and beyond his salary.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, your right. I want so badly for you to be wrong.
I understand and I would very much enjoy being wrong (this time). I really wanted the Elio, also. (maybe not in the creamsicle color)... but yes, I had plans to drive it all over the United States. I still keep this picture on my hard drive. I, got up early (that day), went down to my local Pep Boys, sat in this particular Elio model and dreamed of cruising the Pacific Coast Highway with my girlfriend.
DSCI1565.JPG

There was some good news from Mark (today on the forum, regarding the BEX Mongrel)... At least I'm going to interpret it as good news and (it appears) he is moving forward with his vehicle. The Mongrel checks all of my boxes. I am hopeful I will take delivery before my current Econo-Box car breaks down.

I do wish you quick healing with the arm and hope you are doing better.

Top Bottom