1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by jdkeats, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

I will agree that the main advantage of three wheels is better mileage and lower cost. But if an electric 4-wheel came along at a good price that also has decent range (+200 miles) it would be a better choice for me too.

2. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

3. BaldGuy

BaldGuy Elio Addict

As far as I know, they still lease the plant. One politician said they sold everything, but Paul has said they kept equipment that can be used to build the Elio. Always thought it would be neat if someone down there could scale a fence and take a peek inside.

4. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That's it, give people new ideas to report back on.
    And when they get caught, they'll blame Elio Owners because it was their idea.....WRONG!!!!
    If someone does it, they thought it up on their own.
    This way, EO isn't responsible for the actions..........

5. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

I sent Elio a email a few weeks ago asking if anything was going on. No reply. No surprise either.
    How about you Coss? Have you sent any questions to Elio this year?

6. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    For what it's worth, Elio Motors deserve a second chance- kinda like the Aptera which is all over the internet at the moment with it's 1000 mile battery and solar powered range. I'm hoping for a verifiable numbers published soon to back up their claims. Going for an all composite/fiberglass/carbon fiber route will be expensive and slow hence the high price but if they can actually make it, they can sell it.

7. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

I have mixed emotions about second chances that cost reservationists and investors millions of dollars. Fool me once, fool me twice. My opinion, not worth a crap these days, is the Aptera’s styling is to extreme (Needs wings) and the anticipated MSRP to expensive to appeal to the masses. They need a test drivable prototype and beta fleet test data verification of all the anticipated claims and specs. Red flag warning moment. Think about how long it took SOLO and FUV to certify and get a production model to market. They both had a fleet of beta vehicles that were thoroughly road tested and sent off for FMVSS testing and certification.

8. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Definitely belongs to those with disposable income. One will most likely end up in Jay Leno's garage after his enthusiastic test drive. The ELIO could be resurrected as an EV by investors for the right price.

9. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

I was looking forward to my under $7K Retro Elio. A name change would be essential and the $20K EV option would limit the market interest.
    35D7FF05-062F-4E65-8234-31E48F0CF619.jpeg

ACCF1E9C-E7E0-47E0-AACB-7A5BCEF7F6DE.gif

10. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Between all of the Doctor's appointments I've had I haven't had any time to try and contact them.
    See I had no feeling in the little finger or my right ring finger for 2 years now and I'm trying to get it fixed.
    Happened a month after they fried nerves in my neck (for the 8th time) and so I've been rather busy.
    I'll give it a shot when I get some time.