• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here's An Idea

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to reserve judgement on Pep Boys until the propitious moment. ;)

After all, they have over 700 stores and as of now we have roughly 40K reservations, if my math is correct, which is always in
question, that's only hypothetically, 57ish customers per store. So, if everyone of those 57ish Elios were to break down......
well, you see where this is going. :rolleyes:

If I were on the Board of Manny Moe & Jack, considering that none are on the road now, Elio would be a blip on the radar screen.
Worthy of consideration, but, hardly something to change the corporate model over, just yet! :)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
math seems good, reality is something else. I've seen posted folks who live far enough away from a PB, that EM has mentioned alternative options, and me, I live with 10 miles of three of 'em. My concern remains, observation that the "pit crews" seem like/function minimum wage earners- no dedicated personal tools, lack of organization etc. We can hope that the specially trained staff will be able to apply their special training to EM needs.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
math seems good, reality is something else. I've seen posted folks who live far enough away from a PB, that EM has mentioned alternative options, and me, I live with 10 miles of three of 'em. My concern remains, observation that the "pit crews" seem like/function minimum wage earners- no dedicated personal tools, lack of organization etc. We can hope that the specially trained staff will be able to apply their special training to EM needs.
Why is the lack of personal tools a problem? At work, I have my own tools simply because I spend most of my time in the field. When I'm in the shop building signs for a major closure, I don't bother will pulling my toolbox from my truck and I use the giant box of shop tools instead. There is a better selection of tools in the shop and, frankly, they are better quality.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah!!! "the giant box of shop tools", since these guys don't spend any time in the field, they should have available to each of them the tools you so aptly describe, it was just my observation, based on both dealers and private shops, that the tools are owned by the technician (who we used to call mechanics). You seem to support my comments with "tools in the shop..... they are better quality" Generalizing from your personal trade needs, does not detract nor add to my comments re: tools.
For me this is now a closed discussion. I respect your observations, and sorry for any misunderstanding.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the majority of the PB pit crew is working general maintenance......tires, batteries, oil changes and general wage earner skills may apply...............not the skills of a trained auto mechanic. I'm also guessing PB has a couple certified mechanics to do any major auto repair work that are higher up on the pay scale. I'm hoping a $60 + per hour mechanic is not changing oil or swapping batteries and tires.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If not Pep Boys, who?

WalMart ..
baghead.gif

Attachments

• baghead.gif
    baghead.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 150