• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here's An Idea

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see why the Elio shouldn't be used on long trips; at least it's a big step up from a m/cycle and some go thousands of miles on those.

agree .... we spend the summer in South Dakota .... each year we see thousands of bikes going to and from Sturgis that have come from all over the country .... some are towed on trailers but the vast majority of the ones we see are being ridden

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
i am hoping each elio comes with a link to their service manual and illustrated parts breakdown that we can download into a thumb drive. This way we can find the part required and go to the parts store to get it. I envision this site as the owners forums to ID problems and fixes as well as recommendations and pictures of how we have customized our toys.... I have my motorcycle manuals in electronic format and it is so nice when doing maint.

As we enter 2015, unofficially named the Year of the Elio, we will need to work on our local Elio Owners groups to help each other out. Maybe we can organize it by state so we know who to contact if we have a problem in any area of the country....

CanAm has an annual spyder ride in for spyder owners to congregate and meet other owners as well as the spyder engineers and technicians and vendors. it is great to see how others have modified their bikes and to get the latest scoop on the mew models. CanAm foots the bill for a night banguet and lunch and provides ride in pins and other nic nacs. Hoping Elio does something similar. This summers meet in Durango Colorada had over 650 Spyders, Could you imagine seeing 1000 Elios in one parking lot

I would love to see hundreds or thousands of Elios all parked and running around together. Hopefully that will begin happening in about a year.:cool:

I am sure I am not the only one however I discussed having a factory sanctioned Elio Owners organization with Jerome Vassallo and he says it is something they are aware of and considering. I pretty much told him it was going to happen with or without them being involved and even pointed out several reasons why getting at least an initial framework in place now could be beneficial to EM from a business standpoint both before and after production begins.

I know these groups are already forming independently, mostly at the state level and organizing via Facebook, and if EM does not get involved an independent national group will also come together at some point as we near production or soon afterwards. I myself have helped organize the Facebook based Georgia Elio Owners Club and we have already had two meet & greet events with a third scheduled for February.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would love to see hundreds or thousands of Elios all parked and running around together. Hopefully that will begin happening in about a year.:cool:

I am sure I am not the only one however I discussed having a factory sanctioned Elio Owners organization with Jerome Vassallo and he says it is something they are aware of and considering. I pretty much told him it was going to happen with or without them being involved and even pointed out several reasons why getting at least an initial framework in place now could be beneficial to EM from a business standpoint both before and after production begins.

I know these groups are already forming independently, mostly at the state level and organizing via Facebook, and if EM does not get involved an independent national group will also come together at some point as we near production or soon afterwards. I myself have helped organize the Facebook based Georgia Elio Owners Club and we have already had two meet & greet events with a third scheduled for February.

iagree.gif

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, a Colorado owners group has the same problem as the anticipated location of the nearest retail center or the nearest Pep Boys... they are all in Denver! :(

This happens in many states and while sub-groups do form it is true they are generally not as active as the big city groups helped by the population density. The good news is that thanks to the internet it is easier to stay in touch with what is happening than it was before.

This happens to many people in GA which happens to be the largest state east of the Mississippi River in land area. I happen to live near Atlanta which is the major city in the state however nearly half the residents of GA live outside the Atlanta metro area with many parts of the state being 4+ hours away even on the interstate.

Last edited:

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day, a Colorado owners group has the same problem as the anticipated location of the nearest retail center or the nearest Pep Boys... they are all in Denver! :(

Yes and No, My wife belongs to Women on Wheels, a female motorcycle riding group and they have chapters in Colorado Springs and Pueblo, Denver has not been able to keep a group working, It mainly depends on the dynamics and members of the group, not necessarily the size of the city. the CS group has members that drive from denver for meetings. I think that as the Elio is seen touring the state it is going to be popular statewide.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: I am sure I am not the only one however I discussed having a factory sanctioned Elio Owners organization with Jerome Vassallo and he says it is something they are aware of and considering. I pretty much told him it was going to happen with or without them being involved and even pointed out several reasons why getting at least an initial framework in place now could be beneficial to EM from a business standpoint both before and after production begins.

i.e.: http://www.namgar.com/
If you're restoring an MGA, driving an MGA, or just simply have an interest in
these classic cars, we welcome you to one of the finest MG clubs in the world! :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agree .... we spend the summer in South Dakota .... each year we see thousands of bikes going to and from Sturgis that have come from all over the country .... some are towed on trailers but the vast majority of the ones we see are being ridden

Jim
I assume you spend the summer in one of the State RV Parks. I recently moved to Idaho in retirement after 64 years of calling SD home. A good hunting and fishing destination........and excellent place to raise a family.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This machine is as complex as any modern compact car. The parts may be available, putting them togeather, in the vehicle may be a trick. Computer failures, damaged outrigers or suspension, broken whindshild, motor or fuel system problems. All could really mess me up.
My Elio and I plan to be all over the place.
This is after all a long range, highway vehicle. And it's probably going to in Bum Fluke Egipt when it conks out.
I'd welcome any and all the help I could get.
Suport groups? - Good idea!
MK

MK

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've used the same mechanic for over 30 years. When you find a good one, and there are many of them out there, treat him with respect, the same goes for a good parts man. I would rather over pay a good mechanic than deal with one who doesn't know what he's doing, I've dealt with a few of them over the years too. It seems to make no difference if I bring him a car that's 50 years old or one that's brand new, he knows how to diagnose and fix it. He is also very interested in the Elio and keeps asking me when I will be getting mine. I am confidant he will be able to handle any problems I may have with the E-car that I can't take care of myself. The only reason for me to go to Pep Boys will be for parts.

Top Bottom