• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here I Am Happy In Seattle

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
after a week here-
the State taxes the headshops 25% upfront for all business costs i.e.salaries, rents, utilities, and of course the "product" What was once assumed to be a pathway to success, has driven out many of the shops. After to talking to my "kids" (42.and50) and their friends, the small business will be absorbed by the large food manufacturers that now control our food "production". The loophole of "medical" weed is being leaned on, as a result of everyone's medical needs.-Sort of like the disabled parking tag, some states (Fla) get a Dr RX and done, NYC you need to go to their DR, submit med history and can still be denied.
In answer to your q Amazon and other tech Companies drive the economy, everything is very expensive. I have yet to meet someone who moved here (City of Seattle) to be close to their source.
My other impression, as the state keeps pressure on, and unless the legal locations can undercut the street prices, it won't be successful. (there is, as the rest of the U.S. easy access)
Seattle/Tacoma is a different market then the rest of the state. I'm just across the river from Portland (but I lived in the greater Seattle area for 30 years, I moved down here in 2006) and we have a lot of shops that have been open since day one and still going strong; the problem we have is some little towns just flat out ban the sale in their area, who knows how their cops handle offenders. Just because it's legal doesn't mean they have to like it.
Price wise, the stores are more expensive than street sales but the stores have better product. We also have a few of processing facilities locally; talk about the impenetrable fortress, those places are the tops (armed guards and all).

As for the Big Box stores, you have to get away from downtown to find some decent prices on anything. Go south to Kent / Federal Way and you'll find a world of difference in pricing on everything. North from Seattle is (was) to uppity for me, same with the east side (Bellevue / Redmond).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I said I live in a little town northeast of Portland/Vancouver; one thing I didn't mention is that it's a very conservative populous.
***Note this is not about politics, just a description of the people here***
They are SO uptight about so many things.
So when they put up this sign on the West side of town (it's also one of the first things you see coming into town) I knew they were going to go crazy on the owner of this store; and they did. But he did everything by the book, and had all of the permits in place and the town couldn't do a thing about it.
Here's that sign:
Cannabus Sign.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The one thing they did change on the sign from the time they put it up; originally the background color was Hot Pink with White lettering.
That lasted about a week before someone shot it out (they did catch the guys that did it) so this is the second sign. Go figure, a Cannabis store, cameras, DUH!
Yes, we have rednecks in this part of the country too.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The one thing they did change on the sign from the time they put it up; originally the background color was Hot Pink with White lettering.
That lasted about a week before someone shot it out (they did catch the guys that did it) so this is the second sign. Go figure, a Cannabis store, cameras, DUH!
Yes, we have rednecks in this part of the country too.
That's what happens when the range fees get too expensive.

Nice to see that your cat made it through re-entry OK.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I said I live in a little town northeast of Portland/Vancouver; one thing I didn't mention is that it's a very conservative populous.
***Note this is not about politics, just a description of the people here***
They are SO uptight about so many things.
So when they put up this sign on the West side of town (it's also one of the first things you see coming into town) I knew they were going to go crazy on the owner of this store; and they did. But he did everything by the book, and had all of the permits in place and the town couldn't do a thing about it.
Here's that sign: View attachment 6621
and just look at rush hour traffic!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, settling in, weather not too far off from what I left in Florida, although it does cool off at night. Up to now no rain-
The nasties are due tomorrow and the weekend -rain and cool. The plants/grass need it, not I just yet!

On the upside, a tropical storm seems headed towards S FLA- I'll take the rain here!!
got my Vitam D - check
REI Gortex suit - check
Galoshes - check
Kayak- check
night vision goggles- check
new wiper blades- check (I'll only need one w/ my Elio)
Earthquake survival kit- check (should I stop looking daily to see if Mt Rainier is smoking)?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, settling in, weather not too far off from what I left in Florida, although it does cool off at night. Up to now no rain-
The nasties are due tomorrow and the weekend -rain and cool. The plants/grass need it, not I just yet!

On the upside, a tropical storm seems headed towards S FLA- I'll take the rain here!!
got my Vitam D - check
REI Gortex suit - check
Galoshes - check
Kayak- check
night vision goggles- check
new wiper blades- check (I'll only need one w/ my Elio)
Earthquake survival kit- check (should I stop looking daily to see if Mt Rainier is smoking)?
On the Rainer part, yes, the smoke means nothing at this point. Now if you start getting tremors of 3.5 to 4.0 then make sure you have your breathing filter handy. I live 38 miles away from St. Helens (the one that popped it's top last time) and it's quiet.

But..... There hasn't been a big earthquake in Seattle for a long time and you're past due. Last big one was in 2001 and that was a 6.2 and let me tell you it was rock'n and roll'n really good.

Galoshes? People will think you're some kind of foreigner visiting; if you want to look like a local, no umbrella, no galoshes. You wear sneakers or hiking boots, for outer wear it's Columbia Wear if you want to be a yuppie wanna be, a Kmart wind breaker if you want to fit in.

But most important it's Go Seahawks!!! Or Go Hawks!!
Being a Seahawks fan is mandatory; if you're not they could tar and feather you; or send you to Portland and you can be a Timberhawk fan (soccer).

Top Bottom