• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Albququerque

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Still had to work today but now its off some good new Mexican dinner, Sadie's. Mmmmmm

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
One the really great things about New Mexico is fantastic Mexican (not Tex-Mex) food. Add a margarita with your meal and enjoy your birthday.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a Kaw Z1, and a Vulcan and a kz400 (took it to Germany)...
Suzuki, X6 Hustler, a GT380, and a GS650 (my favorite)
Honda, GL1000, GL1100, GL1500 goldwings, GL1500 Valkyrie
BMW K1200LTE (light truck, lol) everything but a kitchen sink.

the BMW gets better gas mileage than any of them, mid 50's under 70 mph, The Valkyrie gets terrible gas mileage (6 carbs don't help) but OH so much FUN and comfort..
Every one of those bikes were a joy to ride, the two strokes made you take care not to wheelie everywhere, the Z1 was like hanging on to a weedeater all day. The wings, well,,,,,,they're smooooooth, ...I still think the Elio will be my go to ride though.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks ty. I have a little wiring to finish. Mount the seat and rework the front brake caliper but I am pretty close. I don't have a garage so it is weather dependent when I can work on it. That CBR 1100 is a serious bike that us one I wouldn't mind owning. I do have another RD350 in parts and a 1975 RD125 the 350's little brother. Love these vintage 2 strokes

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
Yea they are a hand full, and mine is bone stock. It's like riding a nervous squirrel on crack!
DSCN0931.JPG

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello NM Elio'ers,
Been awhile since I have been on here. Looks like the Elio is in town ( Albuquerque ) today. Getting off work today at 3:30, the Elio will be here until 6pm so I'm going to run over there an take a look at it - sit in it if I can - try to take some pics finally. It is going to be at the Pep Boys on Central Ave just east of San Mateo. *** See the PepBoys connection ***. Anyone from here going out there later?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello NM Elio'ers,
Been awhile since I have been on here. Looks like the Elio is in town ( Albuquerque ) today. Getting off work today at 3:30, the Elio will be here until 6pm so I'm going to run over there an take a look at it - sit in it if I can - try to take some pics finally. It is going to be at the Pep Boys on Central Ave just east of San Mateo. *** See the PepBoys connection ***. Anyone from here going out there later?
I am. Maybe I'll see you there.

Francisco

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Questa, NM and Ventana Ranch at Albuquerque, NM
Greetings all:
Can't make it to Albuquerque in time. Be there Friday night and plan to see P4 Saturday PM. Would have been nice for Elio to appear at the Cottonwood PepBoys, but at lease it is in town. Hey bikers - check out the new Indian Motorcycles in Albuquerque. Opened by a couple of Questa boys. They don't want me road testing since I ran into a car as it turned in front of me. lol lol. Bike totaled but no broken bones. Ty - not the black one. Leaving Albq Monday. Bueno Bye.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Greetings all:
Can't make it to Albuquerque in time. Be there Friday night and plan to see P4 Saturday PM. Would have been nice for Elio to appear at the Cottonwood PepBoys, but at lease it is in town. Hey bikers - check out the new Indian Motorcycles in Albuquerque. Opened by a couple of Questa boys. They don't want me road testing since I ran into a car as it turned in front of me. lol lol. Bike totaled but no broken bones. Ty - not the black one. Leaving Albq Monday. Bueno Bye.
Ride safe, my friend.

Top Bottom