• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Albququerque

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I am the second Albuquerque person to be here - WhooHoooo. How's it going Ty?
I have a buddy here in town that is on the list to get and Elio as well. What color are you ordering Ty? I am going for the Rocket Silver
- quarkdude

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a phone call from Elio today and learned that eight Las Crucens "are all in" as of today. I thought I was one of the first because I sent in my reservation immediately after the Balloon Fiesta. Apparently, the first Las Cruces reservation was made in February 2013. Time to start a NM future owners group.

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a phone call from Elio today and learned that eight Las Crucens "are all in" as of today. I thought I was one of the first because I sent in my reservation immediately after the Balloon Fiesta. Apparently, the first Las Cruces reservation was made in February 2013. Time to start a NM future owners group.
Hello Jim H,
Nice to see some more New Mexicans jumping in. Any ideas what you might like to do with your Elio to make it yours when they are available?
- quarkdude

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Las Cruces is a long way from anywhere except El Paso and I don't go there unless I have to. Mine must have a satellite radio for the long trips, auto trans because my wife can't drive a stick, and a 12 volt outlet for the GPS. Think I want a silver one but like so many others the creamsickle orange is appealing.

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you Jim H on the automatic - this way my wife can drive it too. I hope the auto that Elio uses is a good strong one. A 12volt power outlet would be nice, as you said, for GPS or even phone charging. A buddy of mine here in town put a reservation in and he wants to get what he calls "Frog Green". ha ha

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
quarkdude,

I'm tossed up between the creamsicle and the marshmallow... I'd rather have the stick but if the auto is just as fuel efficient, I might go for that. It'd be easier in traffic at least.

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello ty, I'm going for the auto mainly for ease to drive just in case my wife wants to use it. Also for traffic

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like banging through gears but in slow traffic it sure isn't fun. I like the silver one to match my other car but I definitely gotta have the P3 Fenders with the open wheel just looks so much better

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll bet there is a little more tweaking on the enclosed fenders before the final production model hits. The look is definitely different but I wonder how much of an aerodynamic hit you'll take putting the original fenders back on. I also wonder if they'd look quite as retro with the new inboard shock rather than the exposed suspension from the P3.

Top Bottom