• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Grey Hound To Shreveport & Drive Times, Oh My!

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I once drove from Niagara Falls NY to McAlester OK (1,219 mi) and BACK in a weekend. It's 1,291 mi to Shreveport. Piece of cake! I bet I can catch a ride there with some friends that like to go to Mardi Gras.

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heart Breaking Up date; 'Check engine' light is back on in the Ford. I'm afraid of how much it is going to cost me this month. Tomg3rd, flying sounding better every day, since I am more and more afraid of my Ford not making it.
My check engine light has been on for two years. I just put a black piece of tape over it so it won't bug me.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heart Breaking Up date; 'Check engine' light is back on in the Ford. I'm afraid of how much it is going to cost me this month. Tomg3rd, flying sounding better every day, since I am more and more afraid of my Ford not making it.
In a former life I was a Ford Certified Master Tech. If you can get a pep-boys or autozone, whoever, to pull a fault code, I'll do what I can to steer you toward the most economical fix. Will need year, make, model and engine too. How many miles and what symptoms if any you're having will help too.
It's tough to do without seeing the car, but hey, it's free. :p

Reaction score
Black tape over check engine light will only work till time I have to get the state mandated sniff test, lol. Which is next November so if the elio is on time ...... Well I'm good to go. Only had one baby boy today. Kid goat looks fine. Mother looks like hell. Still waiting for other mother to do her thing. Not so worried about her cause she has kidded twice before. Took Ford in to Advance Auto Parts this afternoon. 2004 Taurus 3.0L 182 - V6 FI - U, probably needs a EVAP canister purge value cost $69. Or ECM or the wiring is bad, which is my guess. Guy did say to not worry about it till the check engine light starts to blink. Then I must pull over and have it towed to repair shop. I'm going to hold up and use the black tape.
HEY How about the new reservation number ... as of yesterday 11,705. They sold 166 orders in just 8 days! Way to go Elio !

Top Bottom