• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fuel Injectors?

James Sparks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Direct fuel injection is much easier to control and, due to the extremely high pressure, gets a more complete burn. This would be a much better technology to use. Better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Direct fuel injection is much easier to control and, due to the extremely high pressure, gets a more complete burn. This would be a much better technology to use. Better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.

Not arguing that, I totally agree with you and have often thought the same thing. But I'm not in charge of the motor design. :confused:

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a better picture of the location of the injectors, though they are in the a bad position to support direct injection of a SOHC engine. Looks like we'll be waiting to see the test iav engine to confirm direct injection or not.
13974125651_d5659120ef_z.jpg

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a better picture of the location of the injectors, though they are in the a bad position to support direct injection of a SOHC engine. Looks like we'll be waiting to see the test iav engine to confirm direct injection or not.
13974125651_d5659120ef_z.jpg
They are port injection

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2 things of note: 1 it would have a bit less power, 2. there is a catalytic converter in the stream which brings the three exhaust notes together for a bit. However, you are absolutely correct in the fact that an even firing three cylinder does have a sweet exhaust sound!
A side pipe running down the non-door side might look bad #$$

paddy's wagon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Detuned.....well, my Mercury Marauder was retuned by an SCT flasher and gained 20 HP. Since this vehicle is computer controlled that means it can be returned if it has an OBD port and someone writes a program to access it. Maybe down the road when the turbo is added. LOL.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Detuned.....well, my Mercury Marauder was retuned by an SCT flasher and gained 20 HP. Since this vehicle is computer controlled that means it can be returned if it has an OBD port and someone writes a program to access it. Maybe down the road when the turbo is added. LOL.
Yes now that we know the engine management will be OBDII based tipping the balance away from top end fuel economy to get up'n go should be fairly easy.

James Sparks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think turbo is laughable. Honestly Ford is just one manufacturer that shows performance and mileage enhancements. The Geo Metro was available as a turbo. If you think about it, adding 5-10 hp to a base of 55 hp is a huge increase. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.

Top Bottom