• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you are talking about states owned by the Feds, remember that 100% of those states were originally owned by the Federal government. For purposes of land ownership, the Federal government is like any other land owner: it can lease the land, sell it or use it for its own purposes. Much of New Mexico and Nevada are military bases, test sites, bomb ranges and the like. It's not like the government didn't own them in the first place. A lot of the land was sold to pay for the transcontinental railroad.

The problem is that land owned by the government is tax-less: private owners pay to own which is revenue to the state. Fed land cannot be bought or sold or developed. Parks, and military land; but I speak of mostly undeveloped lands that no citizen can own. And from time to time the FEDS will expand an area they own and the states cannot stop them. You are correct that our government bought a lot of the land with the Louisiana, and Alaska purchase. The rest came by war and territories that joined the union. Kentucky was never owned by the Federal government, it just separated from Virginia and became the 15th state.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
G1, you are assuming that you can use facts and logic to convince certain people. Unfortunately these trolls just get off by us treating them seriously. Since I'm not a moderator, I have found that the judicious use of the "ignore" function is the best response to trolls.
I felt that same way and then realized it's better to be aware of the crazy ideas and comments rather than ignore what could be a serious problem that gets out of hand. It's best to be aware, but ignore the post and not feed the troll. Unfortunately sometimes I do get sucked into their negative and devisive agenda.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that land owned by the government is tax-less: private owners pay to own which is revenue to the state. Fed land cannot be bought or sold or developed. Parks, and military land; but I speak of mostly undeveloped lands that no citizen can own. And from time to time the FEDS will expand an area they own and the states cannot stop them. You are correct that our government bought a lot of the land with the Louisiana, and Alaska purchase. The rest came by war and territories that joined the union. Kentucky was never owned by the Federal government, it just separated from Virginia and became the 15th state.
The positive is that Federal land mangaement benefits all citizens and at least isn't owned by private speculative land developers looking to make a profit by selling to foreign investors. I could be wrong.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The positive is that Federal land mangaement benefits all citizens and at least isn't owned by private speculative land developers looking to make a profit by selling to foreign investors. I could be wrong.
The government also leases land- like that nut, millioner, Cattle farmer who hasn't paid fees for 25 yrs and the yahoos who turned out with their weapons- D of Land Management backed off- which has only empowered them, full force of the U.S. should have been used, and his cattle confiscated- Gov. was afraid of Ruby Ridge backlash, but hey the very laws they claimed to protect they use to rationalize their defending of "their liberty"(LOL). Gov big mistake backing down, next confrontation of those survivalists/protectors of liberty/ gun nuts armed to the teeth, might not end as that did. Have no idea why I pipped in after agreeing to not use these forums for political agendas.- Isn't this thread about elio financing???, we-all do get sidelined.

Well for sure are a very diverse group, who given other venues would probably not communicate with each other . Thank G*D we have the ELIO in common!!
G*D Bless America.
and G*D Bless those who would raise up arms against it.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Technically, all of the eastern seaboard states ceded their claims to western lands, and those territories then petitioned to become states once they met certain Federal law requirements. After the initial 13 states, additional states became states by act of Congress. I have no idea what the Federal government owns in KY, but I'd bet that it provides more income to the state than other uses. Every level of government has powers of eminent domain, but must pay fair value, which is in the Constitution. But, it is not true that Federal land can't be sold. BLM can sell any land it controls. When the DOD closes a military installation, it can be sold to private parties. I personally know of 2 such sales, one in California and 1 in Maryland.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The government also leases land- like that nut, millioner, Cattle farmer who hasn't paid fees for 25 yrs and the yahoos who turned out with their weapons- D of Land Management backed off- which has only empowered them, full force of the U.S. should have been used, and his cattle confiscated- Gov. was afraid of Ruby Ridge backlash, but hey the very laws they claimed to protect they use to rationalize their defending of "their liberty"(LOL). Gov big mistake backing down, next confrontation of those survivalists/protectors of liberty/ gun nuts armed to the teeth, might not end as that did. Have no idea why I pipped in after agreeing to not use these forums for political agendas.- Isn't this thread about elio financing???, we-all do get sidelined.

Well for sure are a very diverse group, who given other venues would probably not communicate with each other . Thank G*D we have the ELIO in common!!
G*D Bless America.
and G*D Bless those who would raise up arms against it.
Not worth losing lives over. Let people die of natural causes. I'm not certain having only the Elio in common is enough. I would want the fastest vehicle if I was having a face to face discussion.

You can only speculate on financing so long, particularly when you have no influence or control over it. LOL
I vow from this day forward to mention politics only if it relates to the ATVM loan.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM needs LOTS of money NOW, have needed it for a long time, and the indications are that don't have it.

It's not question of "financially amateur" EM people know not knowing how to manage money. It's that they don't HAVE the $200M+ any/enough money.

My guess is that they don't get all the money they need in the next few weeks, a couple months max, shipping by June 2016 is probably impossible, meaning the Elio would be dead.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

If it's owned by the Govt. Then it's owned by the people, who all derive benefit,
be it defense, energy or conservation related,etc.,etc. You go 'OL Faithful............... :D
http://constitutionus.com/
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuMSF-mzE3gSfyqaZ08GSP2rqly0VNm5-Q3mfES1tYhU8ovxK_.jpg

Top Bottom