• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exciting News - Sec Resubmission

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are pretty clear that they need $265 million to make it to production. $25 million now to do the E-series, and another $240 million to build the S-series and start production. Hopefully they can get the $240 million lined up during the 6 months that they are working on the E-series.

Just noticed that they plan on selecting the first 10 retail locations in Month 10, and getting the leases signed the next month.:)
And: Initial 10 retail stores build out complete – Month 14

This is very different from what I heard from Paul Elio at the LA invitation event. He said the stores would open 12 months after production started. Did I misunderstand him or has plans changed? I really hate to post information and that information end up being incorrect!

Of course, these are only 10 stores (in strategic locations?). I would like to know what those locations are. When will the remaining stores open?

How does this affect delivery. Do we pick up our Elio vehicles at these 10 stores?

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This is very different from what I heard from Paul Elio at the LA invitation event. He said the stores would open 12 months after production started. Did I misunderstand him or has plans changed? I really hate to post information and that information end up being incorrect!
Plans change? In reality the information you post is as accurate than EM's.

Did you see EM's filed Plan of Operations, the required milestones, and funding required on the 15 month schedule to achieve a 2017 production date and that's if things go smoothly and on schedule. Exciting news?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just as the stated vehicle price in this filing is listed as $7,600, I suspect the time table is also more conservative than PE's personal goals/dreams/wishes.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The way I read it, the price at the 150k vehicles per year rate is $7600, but the 250k per year rate is still $6800 (due to economies of scale). So, assuming that there's enough demand, the target price is still achievable.

ETA: I noticed a little footnote in there about the mileage ratings too. Based on the EPA methods, they're looking for 84hwy/49city mpg, but 94 on the NHTSA test that is used by the DOE for the ATVM loan. That means they have a significant margin of safety on the 75mpg technical requirement.

Last edited:

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ETA: I noticed a little footnote in there about the mileage ratings too. Based on the EPA methods, they're looking for 84hwy/49city mpg, but 94 on the NHTSA test that is used by the DOE for the ATVM loan. That means they have a significant margin of safety on the 75mpg technical requirement.

They're looking for 84mpg/49mpg, but 94mpg on the NHTSA? What's the 75mpg technical requirement? Why isn't it 84mpg technical requirement?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Of course, these are only 10 stores (in strategic locations?). I would like to know what those locations are. When will the remaining stores open?

How does this affect delivery. Do we pick up our Elio vehicles at these 10 stores?

last December in Charlotte, Jerome said they planned to open there first 10 stores pretty close to when they go into production in what they believe will be their major markets .... he mentioned NY and LA specifically .... he said they would get the rest going as soon as possible and were in hope they could do so within the first year

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They're looking for 84mpg/49mpg, but 94mpg on the NHTSA? What's the 75mpg technical requirement? Why isn't it 84mpg technical requirement?
Because the regs were written by the Feds. Not only do different branches not talk to one another or coordinate, they are frequently internally inconsistent depending on which department is handling which chunk of the assignment. Comon sense has zero to do with it.

Top Bottom