• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exciting News - Sec Resubmission

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like things are moving forward with the SEC. :clap2:
http://www.secdatabase.com/CIK/1531266/Company-Name/ELIO-MOTORS-INC.
Elio resubmitted the Form 1-A/A on the 21st, and there are several new pieces of information.

The most exciting part to me was the plan of operations on page 25:
Sounds like plans are getting firmed up and ready to go. Then page 26 goes on about the financing plans to raise the additional $240 million needed after the $25 million from the Reg A+ filing is spent building and testing the E-series prototypes.

Plan of Operations
Much of the vehicle engineering has been completed, and we are finalizing our engineering simulations, which suggest that the
important vehicle performance milestones can be achieved. To date, $17.4 million has been invested in vehicle engineering and
development. We are now seeking $25 million in funding from this Regulation A offering to fund the build of 25 prototypes and the
completion of the safety and final engineering tests. Upon completion of this phase, which management expects to take six months, the
vehicle production costs, as well as the performance and safety profiles, will be understood to a level that will allow for the kick-off of
hard tooling. With the development risks addressed, we will then be in a position to raise larger amounts of capital - to be up to another
estimated $240 million to fund production activities. The diagram below portrays the stages of development for the current financing
round and the subsequent phases leading to production.
(I couldn't copy the time chart they had here.)
We are in the process of refining our production plans with suppliers to start production in 15 months from the completion of
this offering. The key milestones for the 15-month schedule are as follows (with E1, S1 and S2 referring to various vehicle prototype
phases):
• $25M Regulation A offering underway
• E1 Engineering drawing release – Month 2
• E1 Builds begin – Month 3
• E1 Testing – Month 4
• S1 Production drawing release & tooling kickoff - Month 7
• Order long lead equipment – Month 9
• Shreveport plant integration – Month 9
• Initial 10 retail locations selected – Month 10
• Retail lease agreements signed – Month 11
• Service partner agreements signed – Month 11
• S1 Builds and production validation – Month 13
• Initial 10 retail stores build out complete – Month 14
• S2 Builds & EPA/CARB certification complete – Month 14
• Start of Production – Month 15
The anticipated budgets required to achieve the milestones are provided in the table below:
upload_2015-10-26_16-59-9.png

Copyright © 2013 www.secdatabase.com. All Rights Reserved.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the part I thought was interesting:
The Department of Energy (DOE) has informed us that Elio Motors has met the technical eligibility criteria for the ATVM loan based on preliminary analysis. However, it is possible that DOE may require physical testing of the Elio for validation of miles per gallon prior to disbursement of the ATVM loan.

This document has a lot of interesting gems :)

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
15 months from would place production somewhere around Jan 2017
The schedule is sheer fantasy. Has Elio (or any startup, really) ever released a schedule that didn't slip by months, if not years?

It's 15 months from completion of the Schedule A offering. How long will that take? Even once they get it, there's still the remaining $200,000,000.00 they have to secure to begin production.

I guarantee it will be a minimum of 18 months from completion of the offering. A highly-optimistic guess would be June 2017. I think at this point if they succeed in getting to production (and I still hope they do), it's going to be late 2017 at the earliest.

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the part I thought was interesting: [...]
This document has a lot of interesting gems :)
The bit about "technical eligibility" is good news, but old news at this point. Sort of like those "You've been pre-approved!" offers that come in the mail, it doesn't mean much.

The addition of "physical testing" is not good news as it means more delays and more hurtles before the decision is made. If they will test an early prototype with an early prototype engine like the P5, then it's neutral news because the P5 should be ready for testing early next year.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are pretty clear that they need $265 million to make it to production. $25 million now to do the E-series, and another $240 million to build the S-series and start production. Hopefully they can get the $240 million lined up during the 6 months that they are working on the E-series.

Just noticed that they plan on selecting the first 10 retail locations in Month 10, and getting the leases signed the next month.:)

Top Bottom